Chapter 1: Surprise!

So, I'm finally back. YAY!!! Enjoy the chapter!!!

TWINLEAF TOWN,

SINNOH REGION

It was a peaceful day. Dawn was busy getting ready for the day, and her mother was making pancakes, for breakfast.

"Dawn, come down here before your breakfast gets cold." Johanna yelled.

"Yeah, just a few more minutes, mom." Dawn replied.

Dawn was wearing a beautiful pink sweatshirt over a black t-shirt and skinny blue jeans. She finished getting ready and went down into the kitchen, but as soon as she entered the kitchen, a sudden feeling of getting punched in the guy hit her. It was getting stronger and stronger by each passing second. Her mother knew something was wrong, but before she could say anything, dawn covered her mouth, quickly ran to the bathroom, bent over the toilet and threw up. She spent half an hour throwing up on a fine Wednesday morning. She phoned in sick to work, but didn't think much of it. She rarely got sick, but it was flu season, so it did not come as much of a shock.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Johanna asked, concerned about the her only daughter's health.

"Yeah, i probably ate something bad or weird yesterday. No need to worry, mom." Johanna gave a wry smile in response to her daughter's cheerful and enthusiastic response and offered her more tea. Dawn was curled up under the three layers of blankets on the sofa, and was feeling very sorry for herself.

" What did you eat?"

" We had rotisserie chicken and some fish, so that might have been it."

" You're neither allergic to fish or chicken." Johanna pointed out, but dawn just shrugged, uninterested.

" Maybe it wasn't prepared correctly."

" Maybe."

The topic of illness was dropped, as dawn didn't seem to be sick again and was starting to feel better. However, the next morning, she found herself in the same situation as the day before.

"Dawn, seriously, are you okay?"

"I don't think I'm okay, mom. I just threw up my guts." Dawn deadpanned, flushing the toilet.

"Dawn, you don't think that you could be....."

"No."

"I didn't even get to finish my question, dear."

"I know what you were going to say, though."

" I was just offering up a suggestion. But, if you're convinced, then there's nothing I can do to change your mind." Johanna left the bathroom, leaving Dawn alone on the floor.

These questions planted a very, very tiny seed of doubt in Dawn's mind. They had been careful, had they not? She insisted on using a condom everytime, since she wasn't on the pill (she never complained much about periods before). But... Well, now she was getting paranoid. She grabbed her pokegear and started scrolling through the apps until she reached the calender. Thinking back in her head, she started counting back to her last period. One month.... Two....  and a week. She threw her pokegear across the room, it sliding out on the landing and falling near the door. She held her head in her hands. This couldn't be happening, not to her. She was only nineteen, there was so much she had wanted to do!

She got up, splashing cold water on her face in an attempt to a snap out of her train of thoughts, and back to reality. It didn't really work, but she got up anyway and picked up her discarded pokegear on the way to her bedroom. Dawn grabbed her purse from dressing table and threw her pokegear and wallet into it, before running down the stairs.