Chapter III

The man started talking to Nathalie. You could see the growing sadness and regret on her face. Her eyes seemed to be glassy. Suddenly, a few tears rolled down her face, which the woman immediately wiped away with her hand, as if she wanted to hide her feelings.
-Now he made her cry! - the irritated designer shouted, not paying attention to the fact that Adrien was also in the room with him. He ran out of the residence as quickly as possible and in the blink of an eye he was between her and the man.
-Nathalie? Who's that? - he asked, suddenly rushing between them. Nathalie was speechless, she looked dazedly at Gabriel, then at her conversation partner. The man himself was shocked. But that didn't phase the woman's boss, he continued, so on.
-He's making you cry and I don't want him to come here. - he decided suddenly.
-But it's not his fault... - Nathalie suddenly stammered. These were the only words she managed to say at that time.
-I'm sorry Michael, I don't know what came over him. - she said to the other man.
-Who is this Michael? - asked the boss.
-He's my brother... - Nathalie said quietly. Gabriel turned red. Now he just stood there and looked at the man, then at Nathalie, then back at her brother. In fact, they even resembled each other. A stone had fallen from his heart that he had no competition, but on the other hand he had just burned a bridge with one of the family members of his new love. And maybe he lost it in her eyes.
They stood there in awkward silence. Finally, Michael broke the silence when he saw that tears were pouring down Nathalie's face again and she was trying to wipe them away unnoticed.
-You will make it? - he asked. The woman nodded her head affirmatively. - Are you sure you don't want me to hug you?
-NO. - she replied firmly. - No signs of weakness. - Saying this, she crossed her arms on her chest and turned her head slightly to the side, so as to avoid their eyes and so that they wouldn't see how wet her eyes were with tears.
-I guess it's time for me. I'll ask you again: can you handle it?
-Yes... - his sister replied quietly. - I was prepared for this...
-Well, see you next Thursday.
-Yes See you...
Then they separated. Michael got into his car and Nathalie walked briskly towards the mansion, leaving Gabriel behind. The designer quickly followed her. He was sure the woman was angry with him.
-Nathalie, wait - he grabbed her hand in the entrance. - the woman did not turn around, but stood. - I'm sorry for what I did. It was a misunderstanding. I was just scared that he did something to you and... - then the woman turned towards him and replied:
-But I'm not angry at you. I understand you were worried. It's very nice of you. - Saying this, she grabbed his hand. But she didn't look him in the eye. - By the way, it was quite funny. - the woman smiled slightly at Gabriel and he felt himself blush immediately. However, a stone fell from his heart that Nathalie was not angry with him after all. He was so happy to see her smile, so rare and yet so wonderful.
-If you don't mind, I'd like to be left alone for a while. - Saying this, she headed towards the stairs. - If a new akuma victim is found, call me. I will come to help you as Mayura.

Gabriel was sitting in his office, but he wasn't working, he didn't feel like it. He was constantly thinking about what had happened earlier and was impatient for someone to finally feel negative emotions. This was the only opportunity he had to spend some time with Nathalie.
-If she wanted to be left alone, she probably doesn't want to tell me about her problems... so she doesn't trust me. He doesn't trust me enough to talk to me, he probably thinks I'm not the right person to make such confessions. And this Michael guy does... or maybe he'll tell me later, but right now he needs some time to be alone. Or maybe she's the type of person who doesn't talk to anyone about her feelings because she doesn't like them. Or maybe she doesn't know how to talk about them. And that's why he suppresses them, because he doesn't know how to start a conversation.
His further considerations were interrupted by a strong negative feeling that he suddenly felt through his miraculous.
-At last! - he exclaimed, satisfied. -I'm finally going to spend time with Nathalie!