Chapter XVII

In the morning, Nathalie entered the office in an excellent mood. Unfortunately, her optimism immediately evaporated when she saw that Gabriel had started planning a new trick to get the miaculas again.
-What are you doing? - she asked sadly.
-I have a great new idea! This time it must work! - he exclaimed. At this point, Nathalie became sad. All hope that maybe Gabriel loved her after all, which her boss had given her while he was away, simply evaporated. He killed her unknowingly. The woman sighed deeply.
-We're back to square one again. - she thought. - I was naive. Stupid. I believed I had some chance with him. But I know perfectly well that it was just a break. Well, Emilie - she looked at the painting. - maybe this time he will finally be able to revive you. It's a pity that I'm not the one from his dreams. - the woman sighed deeply and then fell to the ground as she began to choke with a dry cough again. The designer quickly ran to her and helped her up. However, she escaped from his embrace. She no longer wanted to be close to someone who gave her hope for a life together, while at the same time showing that she was fighting for another woman. Gabriel could have confessed his feelings to Nathalie a little earlier, especially since he was sure that his love would be reciprocated. However, he was still afraid of Nathalie and Adrien's reaction about Emilie. He was afraid of being accused of having no feelings for Emilie. And he also deceived Nathalie about the fact that he didn't know the truth about her feelings. If he had told her the whole truth at once, they would probably have saved a lot of time, but Gabriel put off this moment for another time as much as he could. He thought it would be a great idea to confess his feelings to her while giving both miraculouses, so that the woman would also have a hand in fulfilling the wish.
-This time I will succeed. - thought the designer. - You will finally be healthy, my dear Nathalie.

-So what is your perfect plan? - she asked in a rather bored tone. She felt like a toy in Gabriel's hands that her boss used while Emilie was away. She was fed up with this kind of treatment. If only she knew the truth...
-I thought that I could send several akumas to one person so that my victim would have increased strength.
-And Mayura's probably not in this plan, right? - she asked. Gabriel sensed a certain coldness in the way she spoke.
-You know that the miraculous is even more corrupted. By the way, I don't want to endanger you anyway.
-Can I help in another way? - she asked with hope in her voice. It dawned on her that if Gabriel managed to get Emilie back now, it might be the last opportunity to spend time with the man she wanted so much, but who never even had the right to belong to her.
Gabriel thought for a moment. Nathalie started coughing.
-So maybe instead of looking for a victim, you'll akumatize me? - she asked after a short moment of silence.
-Do you want me to send you a dozen akumas? I've never done this before... - he replied, quite confused.
-Let me help you.
-But it takes a huge amount of negative emotions...
-There are more negative emotions in me than your miraculous can detect.
-Let it be. - the boss finally agreed.

Nathalie had quite a lot of negative emotions: from the funeral to another disappointment with Gabriel's love. Hawk Moth began to release black and purple butterflies.
-You are ready? - he asked. The woman confirmed with a nod. The multitude of akumas gave her a multitude of new abilities and powers. She had superhuman strength, she could fly, teleport, be invisible, change shape, control fire and force anyone she wanted to confess the truth - for example about her secret identity. To avoid arousing suspicion, she looked exactly as if she were wearing a peacock brooch.

There was a fight. And quite serious. So serious that Hawk Moth had to get involved, because Ladybug and Chat Noir took care of new miraculouses, which also gave them additional powers. And this reduced their chances of victory. During the battle with Mayura, they discovered that she had new abilities and quickly acquired additional jewelry. During the battle, Hawk Moth received a bolt of fire from Ladybug, who was now also carrying the dragon miraculous. Gabriel was lying on the ground and Nathalie was trying to wake him up.
-Lord Moth, get up! - she cried with tears in her eyes, trying to somehow lift the man with her weakened hands.