Visit Nineteen

Visit Nineteen:

Reason: Check up

Symptoms: leg fracture, fatigue

Time in: 3:00 pm February 21st, 2016

Rosie realized that being in love wasn't anything like the movies. She'd figured it out sometime around the tour to be exact, when the butterflies were there but so was a lot of pain. And it wasn't like Rosie had never dated or anything, because she had; she'd just never been in love. Real love, deep love, love you could feel when you stretched and love that made you unable to sleep at night. Love that made your stomach hurt, made you feel nauseous, made you think and think and think.

Lisa's advice had been a simple, well you should tell her. Jane's on the other hand had been more explicit, and Rosie was pretty sure a threat was mingled in with it. However, both of them were right to an extent. Rosie needed to tell Jennie at some point because what was happening was something that couldn't continue.

Jennie flashed a light into her eyes, peering deep into Rosie's pupils. "You're exhausted."

Rosie blinked slowly, then let out an involuntary yawn. "I missed the office, but it's so cold in here."

"Don't change the subject."

Rosie poked out her lower lip, only to have a thermometer shoved under her tongue a moment later. "Listen, if you're not going to at least try to get better; I'm upping the dosage of B12 to every week."

Rosie's mouth dropped open, the thermometer hanging from between her lips. Jennie shoved it back in. Those shots hurt. Bad. Rosie hadn't been able to sit properly for two whole hours without extreme discomfort.

Jennie slipped the thermometer out. "At least you're not running a fever, but you're pale, lighter than usual - and you've always been too light - and on top of that your heart is still erratic."

Rosie swallowed in. Okay, she could tell Jennie the truth. She'd been waiting over a year for this, it was time to at least test the waters. "It beats like that for Jennie!" she winked, edged as close as she could with her cast in the way.

"Well tell it I said to stop," Jennie muttered, but Rosie couldn't tell if it was a direct rejection because her cheeks were flushed red. So she was affected.

"Anyways, I have crutches for you," she nodded over to the wall where they were leaning on the far end of the office. Rosie had been using a wheelchair with Jane and Lisa helping her out; though both of them had been busy that afternoon so Rosie had to rely on her bodyguard to bring her to her appointment.

"It'll take some practice to not be clumsy with them, so I'd still keep the chair close - but with this you'll obviously have more mobility." She brought them closer so that they were leaning next to Rosie on the exam table. The closer they got, the more aware of Jennie Rosie became.

Like, if she just leaned in a little bit she'd be kissing Jennie. Or she'd be on the floor because Jennie would move and gravity would take its course. Rosie preferred the first option.

Usually Rosie wasn't so timid about going after what she wanted. She was famous because that was her thing. And Rosie loved being an idol, was in love with the concept - of course she was nervous at first, but she had to go for it.

Eventually, sooner than later, Rosie was going to have to go for Jennie. Because just like not being an idol; like the constant strive and rejection before success, this was driving her insane.