Chapter 2

Previously...

I looked over to the back seat to see what was going on. My eyes immediately went wide, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Seth?! Sara?!"

...

I couldn't believe it. My two best friends in the whole universe, two of the only people I actually cared about, sitting right there. In the back of Jack's taxi. A few feet away.

Tears in my eyes, I scrambled over the center console to jump in the back. I hugged Sara first since I was already facing her, and she nearly squeezed the life out of me. We were both laughing and crying at the same time.

After we finally let go, I turn to Seth. We just stare at each other for a second before he pulls me into a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his face into my neck. I hug him back with just as much force. As much as I love Sara, Seth and I had always been closer. He was my oldest friend, we did everything together. I had even begun to develop feelings for him before I left. Now, 4 years later, all of those feelings came rushing back.

"I thought I'd never see you again," he chokes out, holding me tighter.

I'm so glad we found you, I hear in my head. Sara's telepathy never ceased to amaze me.

You have no idea how much I missed hearing your voice in my head, I respond. Out loud, I asked them, "What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"How did you get in the car?" Jack blurts, staring at me and the twins quizzically.

Answering Jack's question first, Sara points to the door by Seth. "Through that portal."

"We'll answer all of your questions later, right now we really need to get to our destination," Seth murmurs in my ear, still holding onto my waist. Instant butterflies. He turns to Jack, who had taken notice of our little reunion and shot Seth a glare. "I'm Seth, this is my sister Sara. We require your transportation services immediately."

"Really? Well, I require-"

"A currency transaction," Sara interrupted.

"Will this amount suffice?" Seth lets go of me and pulls a huge stack of cash out from his pocket. My eyes widen in shock, but I figured it was probably best not to say anything. Jack has a different reaction.

"Did you two rob a bank?" Jack squints a bit, obviously not trusting them.

"Is this acceptable, Jack Bruno?" Sara asks. She looks desperate. What kind of trouble are they in?

"How did you know my name?" Jack demanded, probably a little freaked out. I winced, Sara's going to blow her cover. She quickly points at his license, hiding her slip up. I assume they don't want him knowing who they really are. What they really are.

"If we have a deal for your services, we must move forward rapidly. It is urgent we get to our destination without delay." Seth leans forward, staring at Jack intensely. It doesn't make a difference, Jack is busy getting annoyed at the angry drivers behind us.

"All right, all right. I'm going," he yells out at them.

"We probably should have pulled over," I told Jack. "We've been sitting here for a while."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he grumbles. "Where to?" Seth pulls out a tracking device and fiddles with it for a minute. Jack gets impatient. "I need an address."

"We must travel in that direction." Sara points somewhere in front of us.

Jack looks back at her like she was crazy. "Well I'm gonna need something a little bit more specific than just 'that direction.'"

"We must locate latitude 40.54 cross-intersecting longitude-" 

Jack holds his hand up, interrupting Seth. "We're just gonna stick with 'that direction.'"

I try to hold back a laugh. Jack was never great with kids. I feel Seth and Sara each take one of my hands in theirs. I missed them so much.

AN: I'm so sorry it took me so long to update! Just warning you now, I will not be consistent, but I may be able to get another chapter up this week. Happy New Years Eve!

~ Ghostie👻