chapter 7

- This week Alicent turns 39 or 40 years old. I do not know for sure. - Aemond says while putting on his shirt. - I think my father will want to have some celebration. - he completes.

- The same celebration that I only had once in my entire life and because Daemon went head to head with him and convinced him that I deserved it for being the Princess of Westeros. - Y/n says with a bitter tone of voice.

- So my father treated you as badly as he treated me, Aegon, Heleana and Daeron... - Aemond says as if this were very strange information for him.

- You weren't the only ones practically rejected by him. If it weren't for Daemon I would have been raised by the handmaidens and maybe even had them as my mothers. - Y/n says and Aemond looks at her. - Not that I think it's bad, I'm not a snob and I don't treat servants anywhere because of my title. - She is ready to clarify her thoughts. - I just think it would be totally bad for me to have servants like my mothers because my brother doesn't care about my existence and excludes me from everything in my life. - Aemond nods... He understands what she means.

- If it weren't for you, my brothers and I would have servants like our mothers... - he says. - Did you just take care of us so we wouldn't go through the same thing or did you do it out of love for us? - Aemond asks and Y/n gets up from the bed and stands in front of him.

- I confess that at first I did it because I felt sorry for Aegon... He was a very cute baby and Alicent didn't pay attention to him, only when she wanted to try to make Viserys pay attention to him too. Then Heleana was born, you and Daeron were born and I couldn't help but love you. I felt like I had birthed you. You were part of me. - Y/n says and starts to caress his face.

- Aegon was supposed to be a really cute baby. Too bad it grew and became that ugly thing. - Aemond teases and Y/n laughs.

- He's not ugly, he's just worn out from drinking so much. That shit affects both his mind and his appearance. - She says and he agrees.

- If my father is going to have a celebration for Alicent, he will announce it today. And consequently you'll want to start today with those rubbish tournaments, dinners, parties and blah blah blah. It's horrible. - Aemond says, pulling her by the waist and placing his head against hers.

- Tournaments shouldn't be that bad. Not for a competitive person like you. - She says moving their heads apart and he nods as if he agrees.

- The tournaments aren't that bad, but the dinners and parties are terrible. Lords from all houses come and show off, Singles take the opportunity to hit on single women and sometimes end up having fights due to drunken lords who end up insulting the women or starting to fight among themselves. A huge battle of egos. - He says with a disgusted face and then Y/n makes a disgusted face too. She didn't remember those things...

- I just remembered that Daemon once cut off the hand of a guy who wanted to make me dance with him by force. He claimed he saw me dance with Daemon and wanted to know what it felt like to be dancing with the hottest girl in Westeros. - Y/n says the last sentence in a tone of indignation.

- What an idiot. - Aemond says. - I would do the same for Helaena and who knows if I wouldn't do worse. - he adds and they hear knocking on the door.

- Y/n damn, are you still sleeping? - They hear Daemon's voice and then Y/n signals Aemond to be silent and pushes him towards the secret passage.

- I'm coming, Daemon. I'm finishing putting on my dress. - She lies to give Aemond time to leave.

She lets about 5 minutes pass so he doesn't suspect it was a lie and then opens the door.

- This afternoon. Everyone is waiting for breakfast. - Daemon enters the room and looks at her. - You look hot in that dress. Who's looking to impress? - He asks and she raises her eyebrows.