carnations

(Y/N's POV)

"Hey, Hosh," I greeted as I saw him walking towards me. He waved back, smiling brightly. We both sat down as Hoshi ordered a cup of warm oat milk latte. It was quite a chilly night, so warm drinks would be just the trick. Taking a sip of my hot chocolate, I noticed Hoshi fidgeting with his fingers, his face showing a frown.

"Jeonghan was one of our friends. Was, because he died a few months ago," he started.

"I'm sorry," I breathed.

"You knew him. The thing that I'm going to tell you might seem confusing, but you need to trust me." I placed my hot cocoa on the table and nodded.

"Okay... go on."

"It was not long ago when you told us that you can see our friend, you can see Jeonghan. At first, we thought it was impossible because there's no way the living can communicate with the dead. But you proved it to us. It was real, Y/N."

"I did a couple of researches after you told us everything, and it shows that when you somehow encounter a ghost, that means you have the answers to his questions and help him go back to his world." He took a deep breath and looked into my eyes, a glint of sadness lingering from them.

"As you know, this is not the place for the dead, Y/N. You've got to help him go back to their Y/N. Can you please help our friend?" I never saw Hoshi like this. Whoever this friend might be, it looks like Hoshi cared for him like his own brother.

"I... I would like to help, Hosh. I trust you, but I swear I'm pretty sure I can see ghosts," I said calmly.

He sighed and adjusted his posture. "You sure?" I am more than sure, Hoshi. All of these weird accusations just made me uncomfortable, so I thought of something to make them stop asking me to communicate with ghosts.

"You know what, I remembered! Can't believe you fell for that prank, Hoshi! It was just one of my pranks. You're easy to deceive, huh? Hahaha." I lied and tried to seem as natural as possible. He searched my eyes, trying to find any hint of truth. He took a deep breath and nodded.

"Whatever you say, Y/N. Sorry for bugging you, though." he said, a bit unsure.

"It's okay! I totally understand." I smiled and sipped on my drink. If I can really see ghosts, I need to find it out myself. We talked about some more random stuff before heading out of the coffee shop.

Walking back to my apartment, my mind travelled back to my conversation with Hoshi. Is he trying to prank me? Can I see ghosts? I made a few mental notes in my head.

Yoon Jeonghan, I'm going to find out who you are.

...

The following day, I arrived at school early with a few tasks in mind. Approaching the school's council room, I knocked thrice, taking a deep breath. A voice from inside yelled "come in," and I opened the door. Stepping inside, I found a spacious and cozy room, adorned with decorations and posters strewn all around. The only sofa in the room was occupied by what seemed like props from last year's spring formal.

"Y/N, new girl, right?" greeted a boy, presumably the president, with a warm smile. "My name is Choi Seungcheol." He glanced at the other three council members and introduced them. "The other three are with the council. Vernon, Wonwoo, and Mingyu." The boys waved and smiled before returning to their work. It appeared they were preparing for an event. No one had mentioned that the school's council board was filled with such strikingly good-looking men.

"Have a seat. Sorry, it's quite messy," Seungcheol giggled. "Well, it's never been tidy though," added the tall guy, Mingyu, while painting a cardboard.