The Inception

On just a normal day, a girl was walking in the streets of Nyc. The soothing sunlight on her honey-like brown skin was already making her quite noticeable when the cold breeze made her silky hair fly, making her look like an actual goddess. She was none other than “Sana”. She was coming back from her college.

Later that day, she got a call from her friend Pragati, whose older brother is getting married to his girlfriend in India. So she’s going there because of this but also because she wanted to go back to India for a long time. But now she’s finally going there because of Pragati, whom she met a couple of months ago. Though Pragati herself is really nice and her family too but sometimes they seem quite shady like they’re trying to hide something from her.

Few days later, she’s finally in India with Pragati’s family and her friends.
From there they sat in different cars heading to the place where all the marriage rituals would take place. Suddenly the cars stopped, signifying that their destination had come. “Wow” was the only word that left her mouth when she saw that place.
“What happened sana?” Pratiksha asked, confused. “Umm, is it the place where your brother is getting married? I thought it would be a venue.”
She replied. “Oh no no why would we book a venue when we already have our palace.” Pragati said smiling. “Wow you own a palace. How old is it?” she asked out of curiosity. “I don’t know exactly but my parents say it’s around 400 years old.” Pratiksha replied. “That’s cool.” she said. “Guys, would you stand here talking all day or even go inside? I can’t wait to explore this place and especially this 400 year old palace, I bet it's gonna be amazing.” Rahul said, interrupting their conversation. “Rahul is right let’s go inside guys we can talk about these things later right Sana?” Pragati asked. “Yeah you’re right.” she replied.

With that they went inside the palace. “Guys i’ll come after meeting my other family members till then Ramu kaka will show you all your rooms.” Pragati said while leaving them with Ramu kaka and a few other servants but before leaving Pragati’s mom whispered something in one servant’s ear. They went with the servants while they showed everyone their rooms. Now everyone is already in their room only Sana is left with the servants, being confused she asked one of them, “everyone already got their room, where is mine?”. “Don’t worry Sana ji, you’re the best friend of Pragati mam so that’s why we’re taking you to the best guest room here.” a woman in those servants spoke. “Oh okay and sorry for before.” she said, being a bit embarrassed. After some more steps, they finally stopped in front of a big room, suddenly the same woman from before said while opening the door revealing the big and luxurious room, “here is your room Sana ji please make yourself comfortable.”. She said looking at that woman’s nice yet mysterious smile “thanks.”. With that she went inside the room.

Sana's POV:-
My  eyes were busy  admiring the beauty of each and everything present in that room, only when I realised something weird, Pragati never told those servants that I'm her best friend and what Pragati's mother whispered in the ear of that servant. But then I just ignored thinking that maybe Pragati’s mom is the one that told them that I'm Pragati’s best friend that time when she whispered. Then I slowly started unpacking my stuff when I realised there was no window in that room. After searching for a bit I finally found a window that was covered behind the curtains above my bed. I started to open the window but it was corroded as if no one had opened it since ages. But after some tries, it finally opened. Just as it opened, a cold wind brushed my skin while sending chills to my body. The wind was unexpectedly cold. “Why is the wind so cold? the weather outside was hot when i just came”. Then I saw the view outside. It looked like a village of old times, people were wearing only traditional clothes, still pumping the water from wells and living without any modern machinery. “Why’re they still living like this when this city is fully modern?” I was saying this to myself when some people were staring at me so I waved at them. Their stare was weird and a bit frightening. Till that time I was sleepy after a long tiring day,so I just slept after closing the window.

Later that night when I woke up feeling cold, I saw that the window that I closed was open but “wasn’t it hard to open the window then how it opened just by the wind?” I asked myself. But then I just closed the window and fell asleep.