Chapter 22

(Kai and Nya run as they are being chased by the Rock Monsters.)

Kai: I'll take care of this. Go! (He uses Fire, but they threw him.) So, apparently Geotomic Rock Monsters are fireproof.

Nya: And waterproof. Put me down!

Kai: You heard my sister. Put her down! (They use their powers together and it worked.)

Nya: Kai. Fire and Water combined, the steam is cracking it.

Kai: Like the Dragon. We work together. Switch. (They defeated them and went up to a door.) Amazing. Gotta be Dad's handiwork.

Nya: I don't see a handle. How do we open something this big?

Kai: By working together. Fire!

Nya: Water!

Kai: Working together. Haha. (He slams into the door.) Huh? Ugh. No. Ugh! We came so far. Ugh! We used our Fire and Water power together. We did everything right. Why would Dad build a door that doesn't open?

Nya: (Gasps.) The Dragon Blade! Our parents said it's the key to our success and the key to retrieving the Time Blade. For once, take two seconds to think a problem through. I think it's the literal key.

Kai: Dad's blacksmith stamp.

Nya: Both of us. (The door opens.)

Kai: (Gasps.) The Reversal Blade. We did it.

Nya: Okay, but be careful. There may be one final— (Kai takes the Blade and the building starts to collapse) trap. You think maybe we were supposed to do that together? Like everything else?

Kai: We gotta bolt. Or do you want to stay and think the problem through?

Nya: The Fusion Dragon.

'''

(The ninja try to run away from the Vermillion.)

Blunck: Stop them. Stop them at all costs.

Jay: There are so many!

Lloyd: Keep fighting! We gotta hold them back long enough for Samurai X to get Cyrus Borg to the panel.

Cyrus: The control panel is there.

Samurai X: I hope you have no fear of heights.

Cyrus: What? (Samurai X launches him upward.) Aah!

Blunck: Air team, intercept.

Zane: Airjitzu.

Zane and Morro: Ninja, go! (Zane lands by the panel as Morro creates a strong hurricane around them as a kind of shield.)

Cyrus: (Samurai X catches him and brings him to the panel.) Ah, let's see. I know the code is a thirteen-hundred-digit sequence. But...oh.

Morro: Thirteen-hundred!? Why so fucking long?!

Lloyd: How's it going up there?

Zane: He needs more time.

'''

(The twins still await the ninja's return.)

Acronix: Where are they? What if they failed? Then what do we do? (The Fusion Dragon approaches them.)

Maya: The children. They're safe.

Ray: But did they get the Time Blade?

Kai: Master Wu. Are we too late?