ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xx

Taehyung had to practically force himself to go out and take the bus to the other side of the city where the office of the previously mentioned psychiatrist should be located. He called him and booked an appointment for today since the male had a gap in his schedule and made time for him.

Facing a new person and sharing his woes and disastrous feelings was unimaginable. As if he was reliving the past two years again. Except for now he wasn't stalked by his own mother since he cut her off completely. He could talk freely yet he had to learn how to trust him.

He knew the male was a professional but the aversion towards people of that kind was already blooming uncontrollably inside him. Especially when he had his own experience with them already.

During his life, people around him suggested he should seek help but it didn't happen until one dreadful day when he ended up at Mrs. Lee's doorstep. When everything became true. The day when a label was put on his neck. A young boy with bipolar disorder in the judgemental society full of normal individuals.

By looking at him, you wouldn't guess there was something going on with him. But internally, there was a storm. The one that caused his moods to shift just like a swing in the wind. What goes up has to go down and vice versa. Just in Taehyung's case it was quicker and more unpredictable.

Taehyung didn't know what to expect from that guy but since it was someone Jimin knew, it couldn't be that bad right? Well, it couldn't be worse than being without any medication. It was already too dangerous for him to skip a dose since the effects lost the efficiency.

Life without them was impossible and more importantly, walking on thin ice. Which he couldn't afford now for the sake of his future. The future he hoped to build where he could live a stable life. Maybe with a certain person by his side if he was lucky enough...

The second the blue head stepped inside the office, he was welcomed by a calm space. The room was brightly lit and seemed pretty well decorated with a few drawings on the wall. He might have had some kids as patients too but the sign on the door said 'general adult psychiatrist' which meant he only had adults as patients. Maybe he had his own child who drew these...

It led Taehyung to wonder that if he started his sessions sooner it wouldn't lead to this stage. But thinking about what ifs didn't help to move on and more importantly couldn't change the past. He had to focus on the present.

"Hello, I'm Byun Baekhyun, please take a seat," the doctor around his late twenties welcomed him with a handshake. His clothes were formal, with a shirt tucked in his slacks. Taehyung nodded while sitting down near the table in a comfortable armchair.

"We talked through the phone a few days ago. The prescription of new medication, right? And you mentioned your previous psychiatrist retired," Baekhyun questioned, pouring water for Taehyung and taking the file the blue head brought with him.

Taehyung nodded. First session and starting with a straight lie. He couldn't just say he ran away from the house though.

"What about the talking therapy sessions? I have your file however I would like to make my own opinion and determine the treatment. You know not all people from my field are reliable," he sighed as he saw a few written lines in the file. Then he closed it and moved all the attention towards the blue head.

"We can talk sincerely and freely." Baekhyun was already giving him his free time so Taehyung chose to cooperate for the sake of not only his mental state but the doctor's precious time.

"Tell me about yourself," Baekhyun started with the simplest and most straightforward question. Even though all that information was in the file, he wanted to let the blue head talk.