ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪx

Taehyung stirred in his sleep to the sound of raindrops hitting the windows of his bedroom, the sky was still a bit dark and cloudy with gloominess accompanying the morning atmosphere. How he wished for spring to finally come.

Moving around lazily, his body got tangled in the bedsheets, blue hair messily scattered on the contrasting white pillow. Even if he wanted to get swallowed by the bed he had to stand up and start the day. It wasn't easy to persuade himself though.

As he reached for the phone on the charger, he noticed a few messages from Jimin. The rose head was trying to convince him to hang out so they could spend time together. Ever since the day they met, they saw each other only once.

Their usual conversations consisted of texts and occasional calls. He already promised to hang out with him a few times but always found an excuse to avoid it. He was too anxious to do it, especially at this unstable time.

It was all new to the blue head. His second friend in less than three months. Astonishing achievement for a person suffering from mood swings and panic attacks.

Even if it was a short period of time, he felt some kind of connection with the rose head. Was it through the words or just the way he always talked to him so kindly. Shame he didn't meet those two sooner, he might have avoided ending on the edge.

Yet the connection with Jungkook was on another level. Something out of the ordinary, something he had never felt. It came to his life without warning yet it felt natural. It frustrated him all the more to make a fuss out of nothing and make him feel bad. The last thing he wanted was to irritate him with the behavior.

His wavering legs carried him to the bathroom where he retrieved a small package from the cupboard. The orange pill bottle where he stored the medicine. There were quite a few of them.

He opened the first package of the pills, intending to take his daily dose when his heart sank deep in his chest. There were only two tablets left. How did he not notice?

He had been taking olanzapine and fluoxetine for two and half months but he didn't notice he was running out of them. What an unfortunate and laughable situation.

That moment he realized he couldn't go to Mrs. Lee and get a new package prescribed since she would definitely inform his mother, his world spinned. He was doomed.

How could he find a new psychiatrist out of the blue. He couldn't stop taking the medication when it finally started to kick in. At least he thought so. It didn't feel like that sometimes though.

But he couldn't ask Jungkook to help him because he would give away his secret unintentionally. And in addition they haven't talked since yesterday early evening.

After taking a few deep breaths to calm down and not break down from despair, he decided to call Jimin and invite him to come over so he could finally stop complaining about him always turning down his suggestions.

And he would also appreciate someone to talk to and ask for advice and help. Jimin agreed almost instantly to come later that day and he did as promised. He didn't forget to greet him with an enthusiastic hug.

In Taehyung's eyes Jimin seemed like a social butterfly and extrovert. Even Jungkook said the same and they have known each other for a long time. Maybe because of that he was able to make friends that quickly.

"Jiminie, I have a kind of really personal question," the blue head started carefully. It took a lot of self convincing and courage but he eventually found the inner strength to ask.

"Go on."

"Do you by any chance know some psychiatrists? It's for my close relative who has been looking for one for a while." Unlike Jungkook, Jimin wasn't really familiar with the blue head's family situation. Well, at least that's what Taehyung's naive mind thought.