Chapter Twenty Two

༄𑁍༄

Yvette felt the ground sliding from under her feet at the sight of Joffrey pointing his crossbow at Sansa.

"You're here to answer for of your brother's latest treasons" Joffrey's loud voice cut through all her hope for Sansa's safety. What will he do now?

"Your Grace, whatever my traitor brother has done, I had no part. You know that, I beg of you-" Sansa pleaded

"Ser Lancel, tell her of this outrage" At the King's command, Ser Lancel stepped forward. "Using some vile sorcery, your brother fell on Stafford Lannister with an army of wolves. Thousand of good men were butchered. After the slaughter, the northmen feasted on the flesh of the slain" The knight announced, as Yvette couldn't imagine how this bullshit could slip from his lips so easily.

"Killing you would send your brother a message, but my mother insists on keeping you alive" Yvette let out of a breath she didn't realise she was holding, watching Joffrey lowering his crossbow, ordering Sansa to stand.

"So, we'll have to send your brother a message in some other way." All the peace that formed in her mind disappeared at the sound of Joffrey's remark. "Meryn. Leave her face. I like her pretty"

"No!" Yvette shouted, attempting to get by her niece's side, realising what Ser Meryn was about to do.

"And control that bitch of her aunt!" Joffrey ordered before she could approach her.
She was roughly grabbed by a Kingsguard she could not see the face of, and held into place as she still tried to get free of his grasp.

With every hit Sansa earned from Meryn, Yvette would struggle harder to free herself.

"Meryn, my lady is overdressed. Unburden her" Joffrey's tone made the hairs on the back of Yvette's neck to rise. How awful could he be?

She closed her eyes and gasped as she heard the material of Sansa's gown ripped by the man.

"If you want Robb Stark to hear us, we're going to have to sleep louder!" Joffrey boomed, thing that made Sansa sob louder while Meryn git ready to struck again.

"What is the meaning of this?" Yvette sighed in relief.

She was quickly released as Tyrion stepped into the room, approaching his nephew with fast, determined steps

"What kind of knight beats a helpless girl?" He demands

"The kind who serves his king, Imp" Meryn bit back.

Yvette rubbed her sore arms, hurrying towards Sansa, who did nothing but to cling into her aunt, trying to hide her shame from the public and let herself being soothed by a mother figure.

"Careful now, we don't want to get blood all over your pretty white cloak" The sellsword threatened

"Someone get the girl something to cover herself with" Much to everyone's surprise, the Hound stepped forward, as he was helped by Yvette to get his cloak nicely wrapped around Sansa's shoulders.

"She's to be your queen! Have you no regard for her honor?"

"I am punishing her"

"For what crimes? She did not fight her brother's battle, you halfwit" The Imp scolded

"You can't talk to me like that. The king can do as he likes" Joffrey roared at his uncle, turning around to sit back on the throne

"The Mad King did as he liked. Has your uncle Jaime told you what happened to him?"

"No one threatens His Grace in the presence of the Kingsguard" Meryn stepped in

"I'm not threatening the King, Ser, I am educating my nephew" The Imp was almost funny to laugh at.
"Bronn, the next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him. That was a threat. See the difference?"

Then Tyrion turned around, walking closer to Yvette and Sansa, helping her to rise, as she did not let go of her aunt's hand yet.
"I apologise for my nephew's behavior. Tell me the truth - do you want to end this engagement?" Tyrion's voice and soft compared to Joffrey's barks, and so alike Jaime's, Yvette would remember.

"I am loyal to my beloved Joffrey, my one true love" Sansa said as she continued to walk, whereas Tyrion stopped in the middle of the staircase, proudly watching her walk forward.

༄𑁍༄