Chapter 5

Author's Note: Hey guys! I hope you all had a great holiday. Mine was kinda meh, like always. Below is some more fanart. I also wanted to show off the design of Rebel Rivers! I didn't want to base her design off an artist like how Avery is based off Avril Lavigne, however I gave her some Valley Girl aesthetics. Again, if you like my artwork, look me up on Instagram, Tumblr, or Twitter under Vidjauser! Thank you to my bestie, Tinalbion for beta reading for me. <3

	Veneer didn't know why the two were together in the office anyway

Veneer didn't know why the two were together in the office anyway. If Velvet was having a session with the counselor, then why was he there?

When Veneer snuck a glance at his sister, he saw how angrily Velvet glared down at Linda as she typed away on her computer.

While Veneer wondered how Velvet could act so maliciously toward someone who was merely trying to help her, Velvet was thinking the exact opposite of him. How could her brother not want to fight back against the tyranny that was evolving around in this facility? Why did he just lie down like a dog? The guards and everyone treated them like absolute garbage! She didn't stand for it, and there was no way she wouldn't stand up for herself against someone like Linda.

The longer the silence persisted, the more anxious Veneer felt. He watched Linda with a blank expression that was the exact opposite of what she usually looked, her nails clicking against the keyboard.. No one dared say anything, but Velvet was on the brink of bursting.

Veneer sat up straighter as Linda finally took her eyes off the computer, turning to the two of them. He couldn't help but feel as though the two were in trouble somehow. Did Velvet do something to get them into some kind of trouble? Did he do something? Man, please just say something Dr. Graham...He couldn't take the anticipation.

Linda finally spoke, "Now Velvet, you know why you're here, but I have to explain it to your brother."

Oh here it comes... Veneer said to himself. He thought he was going to vomit.

"After Velvet's recent outburst and attempted escape, she has been transferred to my care. Veneer, your sister here has requested that she would like you to join her in her counseling sessions. She says she feels like she can't do it alone and would like the support of her brother." Veneer couldn't believe his ears. "I will be helping her with regular counseling appointments, as well as anger management. You are free to leave during the anger management, of course, if you agree to help your sister with this request. Despite the request not being something we typically do here, we have decided that it will help with Velvet's recovery. Is this something you're okay with, Veneer?" she asks.

So much had hit him all at once, Veneer's jaw had dropped. His sister had asked for HIS help? He turned toward her slowly, Velvet's expression was as blank as Linda's had been at first, but he was side-eyeing him in a way that reminded him when they were kids again and she would threaten him to get him to do what she wanted. He gulped and reluctantly agreed with a small nod.