feel so fine

it's finally monday again.

another week minju gets to spend with her precious leeseo.

the court battle for her daughter is something she could never forget even if she tried. her and her ex both wanted full custody of the girl. both willing to go above and beyond just for their desired outcome of full ownership of their daughter.

for minju, being a professional high demand lawyer, she already knew the ways around the courtroom and what documents/evidence to present with the jury to have even the littlest bit of luck in winning the case. hyunjin's own tactics seemed a bit childish however. trying to use a pity card on the jury involving fake tears and a standard sob story anyone could makeup on the spot. which minju couldn't help but roll her eyes over the remembrance.

minju knew that leeseo's life would be better in her full time care. but minju wasn't selfish however, don't get her wrong. hyunjin was a great father to their little girl. she had no complaints for the most part. but things were certainly different than when they were all together. financial and living wise...minju knew leeseo would be better off with her. and her ex definitely agreed with that too. although he would never admit it. greed instead took over his mind rather than his common sense, wanting him to have a part of minju she herself didn't have a full power of...

but something must have worked in minju's favor, as after only a few hours of debate, the jury ruled minju full custody of leeseo kim. with hyunjin having visitation rights every other week in the courtroom's favor.

this whole experience made minju realize that every little moment spent with her daughter was precious, as she loved and absolutely cherished the day's she would spend with her, and slowly die on the days that she didn't.

if it weren't for her adorable seventeen year old niece living with her, she wouldn't know what to do with herself living in a big house all by her lonesome.

"minju." hyunjin greeted, standing outside the door with his daughter's pink bag in his hand.

"mommy!" the little girl exclaimed, running up to the woman and giving her a big hug on her legs.

"hi baby. did you have fun with daddy for the week?"

leeso excitedly nodded her head. "yup! i love daddy and his house! i wanna stay longer~"

minju only gave a bitter smile, patting her daughter's head. "i'm sorry baby. you'll see him again soon."

after saying goodbye to her father, leeseo ran off to greet wonyoung inside the house. the two parents hearing childish squeals from the distance. hyunjin then handed minju the pink bag, eyeing his ex up and down in a not so appropriate way. "you look good today, min. is that a new dress?"

minju sighed through her nose, tapping her nails on the door frame. "yes, it's actually a gift. hows hongseo doing?" the girl you left our family for...

hyunjin grew a sly smirk and looked down at the ground. "um..she's doing great. thanks for asking." he awkwardly bowed his head and began to walk away from the woman, "i'll pick her up next week. i'll see you."

"see you." minju informally replied back, closing the door and immediately going to the kitchen to make wonyoung and leeseo some lunch.

it still made minju a little sad over everything that happened. her and hyunjin were the perfect couple once upon a time. high school sweethearts turned husband and wife after college. then work started piling up for the both of them, and his unfaithful ways started to show along with his true colors. minju thought having a child would save their marriage and family—which did work for a few years—but as the universe had it, things just weren't meant to be for the couple.