Betas Can Nest Too

Seungmin feels a little silly.

They've been mates for a couple of years now and he still has trouble properly conveying his feelings to his pack.

It's not like it's a crime to want to nest, his omegas do it all the time! Hell, he bets the three of them are in their nests right now. Whether they're together in the same one or in their own he doesn't know.

He never bats an eye when one of them comes in asking for whatever sweater he happened to be wearing at the moment, or for the gray sweatpants he had worn to practice the previous day. He always gives it to them, and he's always happy to do so because he loves being able to smell the swell of appreciation and satisfaction in their scents. He loves the way the sweetness of Minho's lavender vanilla scent condenses , the way Felix's strawberry scent ripens , and adores the way Hannies honey scent thickens in the sweetest tasting way. He loves knowing that he's the reason they're happy in that moment, he loves them so much , and logically knows that they love him just as much and feel the same joy and fondness whenever he feels the need to nest too.

But, despite that, he still feels a slight hesitation to follow through with what his instincts are telling him to do.

He can't help it. It's not necessarily his fault that he feels this way.

In moments like this, he tends to think back to his days with his birth pack, not that they did anything wrong. He loves his parents and siblings very much, and is so grateful to have been raised in a warm and loving home, to have always had clothes on his back and food on the table, but they were always more on the traditional side.

He was raised with a mindset of 'only omegas are allowed to nest' and whenever Seungmin attempted to bring up and ask about his instincts of nesting to his mother she would always glare at him and say ' Not now'. So, in favor of keeping his parents happy and not cause any drama, he would forcefully shove down his own feelings and instincts that were just begging him to at least try nesting if only once in his life. Doing so brought to life his negative core belief that he can't nest too because he's a beta. That he's not allowed to.

To say he had been shocked the very first time he saw a nest that was made by his fellow beta, Changbin, shortly after they all officially started their relationship would have been an understatement.

At the time, he had been very hesitant to bring up to Changbin the question that popped up in the back of his mind at the sight of the nest. But before he could eventually gain the courage to ask, Changbin had beat him to it.

─ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─

"Hey Seungmin?" Changbin called from across the room, "Has there been something on your mind recently?" Changbin asked as he turned his body from where it was placed in his nest so that he was lying on his right side facing Seungmin, who was on the opposite side of the room lying in his own bed. Seungmin turned his head in response to hearing his name, so he was looking at Changbin, though it was slightly too dark to see his face right away with it being just past midnight.

"Oh uh..." Seungmin hesitates. Thinking about the pros and cons of lying before ultimately resigning, "actually yeah... there is.. how'd you know?" Seungmin shifted his body so he was lying on his side too. His legs curled and tangled into each other, trying to get more comfortable for the midnight chat he knows he and Changbin will be having.

"Your scent gave you away. When you think too much, your scent usually gets a little cold. Like laundry that's been sitting in the dryer for too long." Changbin explains before continuing, "Anyway, what's up?" He asked, the way his rain scent became more concentrated was a clear indicator to Seungmin that Changbin was ready and willing to listen to whatever he had to say.