Chapter 4

Zoey walked through the forest, he had left Heather and Dawn in the Heart for they to sleep there, but he decided to return home.

-I can't believe she told that to Gray without my consent...- he was thinking. -Wonder how much time she spent in his house... I got to watch out- he jumped over a fallen branch -Calm down, she told you that she loved you... you just got to behave like you used to, and everything will be as beautiful as a fairy tale. She is basically mine, just that it is not official...- he transformed before arriving to the edge of the forest. He walked to Gray's house, and he waited for him after knocking on his door. They boy opened it, and Zoey spotted a surprise expression in his face.

"Oh, hi! How are you? We haven't talked in some time." He beckoned him to enter his house.

-If I were you, I wouldn't open my house's door to someone who could kill me with only raising one paw...-

"Hello." He said and entered the place.

Gray was tense.

"Uhm... Heather told me—" the boy started after a long moment of staring at the ground.

"Yes, I know she did. Sorry for lying to you." He said, but jealousy was blinding him so much that he did not mean that at all.

"Don't worry, but remember that I won't judge you. It must have been difficult, Heather told me that, and I suppose that it also was for you..."

-Don't try acting like you're a saint...-

"...But I want you to know that you and Heather are my friends, and I..."

-I bet you see Heather more than a friend... and you know that I do the same...-

"...Will always care for you two, no matter what happens..."

-You're just jealous of me because she prefers me over you... You wish you were the werewolf so that you could kill me...-

Zoey started to stop listening to Gray, instead, he listened to his own thoughts. Something deep inside him told him to get out of that place before he did something that he would regret for all his life.

"I got to go. See you tomorrow." He cut him off, and Gray blinked.

"Oh, I understand... Pack things, right?"

-She even told him about that...-

"Yeah, pack things." He lied and slammed the door as he got out of the place.

-Heather better not fall in love with you. She is the only thing that keeps me going, and you won't steal her from me...- He thought before looking at the sky and noticing that it was the last day of the month before the full moon started shining.

. . .

Heather woke up and the first think she saw was Carnation's russet tail. She was wagging it while talking to other two wolves. Heather rose to her paws and noticed that the she-wolf saw it, because she turned around and walked to her.

"You're finally awake!" she laughed. "We are going to practice fighting!"

Heather blinked at her while she stretched her body.

"Again? We practiced yesterday, didn't we?"

"Yes, we did, but Omega Proud's got other things in mind..." she rolled her eyes. "I asked dad why, but he didn't want to answer... The only thing he told me was to tell you that he wanted to see you and Zoey in the afternoon." She moved one ear and trotted to where the patrol was.

Heather looked at the tree. What were they talking about? Was it something serious? She shook her head.

-I'll wait for Zoey to come here...- she thought and walked to the patrol.