CRIMSON CASANOVA : pt II

Comfortably seated before CBI monitors in the very hotel room that Clair Wolcott had been killed in, Ronnie drew her knees up to her chest and leaned her head back against the hard wood of the chair

Comfortably seated before CBI monitors in the very hotel room that Clair Wolcott had been killed in, Ronnie drew her knees up to her chest and leaned her head back against the hard wood of the chair. The monitors displayed a somewhat grainy view of the spa bar, where numerous wealthy men and women sleazed from table to table.

"Here he comes." Seated next to her, Jane leaned in close, a wicked grin on his face.

Behind them, Lisbon paced on the stained rug. "Easy on the chit chat," She rubbed a hand through her hair. "Don't distract him."

On the monitor, a man in black stepped into the bar.

From the toes of his patent leather shoes to the top of his over-gelled head, Kimball Cho had entered with an aura of dark mystery.

Ronnie saw him swipe his sunglasses off and swagger into the room, confidence ebbing from every pore. She couldn't help the reflexive snort of laughter. "You look like such a douche, Cho."

Jane elbowed her, also enjoying the view. "That's the point. Hush, don't get into his head."

Holding her tongue, Ronnie watched with the greatest delight as her normally subdued partner made his presence known, sauntering right up to the bar. He took a slow turn, leaning against the bar with an air of arrogance. "I'm in position."

Jane clapped his hands together excitedly. "Okay. Look for a likely target."

"Yeah, someone who looks like she'd be into tall, dark, and jerkish." Ronnie agreed, and promptly heard Rigsby snicker behind her.

"Will do." Whether or not Cho was responding to her or to Jane or both remained uncertain, but he rolled with it. They saw him turn back to the bartender. "Hey. Bourbon on the rocks, make it a double."

Ronnie recognized his mean interview voice, the one he used to press particularly abhorrent men into an admission.

He continued to scan the room before finally alighting on two women at a table nearby, both attractively dressed and pleasant looking. "Those two will do, I guess."

Ronnie manipulated a camera view to highlight the table as Jane praised Cho's choice.

"Good; now listen up. Relax, and I'm gonna talk you right through this. Keep it smooth. You have to be calm and confident."

Cho was already moving. "Yeah, you told me that already. I have the general idea." He stalked straight towards the table.

Thoroughly enjoying this venture out of his comfort zone, Ronnie leaned in towards the mic. "Jeez, Cho, you look like you're going to kill them."

Jane smacked her away. "He's doing fine, stop psyching him out."

Rigsby leaned in between them and flashed Ronnie a teasing smirk. "So, you're saying this wouldn't work on you?"