Hydrangea

━━━✦❘༻✧༺❘✦━━━

The agreement was sealed officially on paper with binding signatures from both parties. Shigaraki soon moved into the Manor, his room right next to the master suite. The assigned room was spacious, with high ceilings and open windows that allowed the natural light to filter through. The bed was large and spacious, with blank clean sheets. There was a vase of poppies next to the nightstand.

Shigaraki looked distastefully at the glass panes. The room was beyond nice, and the natural light might have been welcoming, but windows were always a liability.

"Is the room to your liking, Tenko?"

Shigaraki turned around, finding Izuku leaning against the doorframe, watching him with those emerald eyes.

"It's... very beautiful." Shigaraki said, becoming distracted by the image. She wore a simple yet elegant dress, the sheer cream material swayed gentle with each breath. It was modest, reaching to her ankles, but he was captivated by how the dress flowed past her shoulders, accentuating her collarbones and the hint of her cleavage.

"That's reassuring to hear." Izuku smiled, straightening herself and crossed the room to his side. "This is where I used to reside before I was wed to Lord Todoroki." There was a look in her darkened veridian eyes, something Shigaraki couldn't quite place.

"I see." Shigaraki looked around, anything to distract himself from Izuku.

"Well, I'll leave you to settle in. Please do not hesitate to ask one of the housekeepers for help." Izuku lightly touched Shigaraki's shoulder.

From the corner of his eye, Shigaraki saw the gold glint of the Todoroki insignia on the ring which she proudly wore on her pointer finger. Oh shit.

Shigaraki inhaled. Her vanilla musk crept into his nose, imprinting her scent into his brain.

You can't trust her.

Shigaraki exhaled.

"I'm sure I won't need much help." Shigaraki smiled tightly, subtly shifting away from her touch.

She's dangerous.

"I see." Izuku dropped her hand. "I'll leave you to it." She smiled back, tilting her head and exiting the room.

"Oh, Tenko."

Shigaraki turned to her.

"I think... that it must've been the right hand," Lady Todoroki called from the doorway.

A cold sweat broke out on the back of Shigaraki's neck.

"I see." Shigaraki replied.

Izuku carefully watched him, seeming to observe his reaction. Her green eyes bored into his soul.

Shigaraki evenly matched her gaze, hiding the unease behind his mask of acknowledgement.

Izuku finally smiled and nodded in parting before turning the corner.

Shigaraki waited until her faint footsteps faded before berating himself. Sitting on the edge of his bed, he put his head in his hands. This woman...

It wasn't even a suspicion anymore. He was sure that Izuku was part of the murder. She made sure that he was aware of her lie. Was she the one who ordered the kill? Was she his client? Or perhaps she was the one who murdered Lord Todoroki in cold blood.

Perhaps it was a mistake coming to the Manor.

Get a fucking grip, Tomura. Shigaraki lightly shook his head. He had the advantage, the experience and skills to leave as soon as it went south. He shouldn't be worried. Shigaraki leaned back, laying down on the bed. The sheets slightly smelled of vanilla.