Chapter 29: The Brave-Hearted Will Take His Love

A ball of nerves Kajol stood twitting her thumbs as she waited for Arjun to pick her up. She was now regretting the decision to let him do so. What if she got uncomfortable and wanted to leave immediately? She didn't realize that she had given him so much power before the date even started. She wanted to punch herself for it.

Varsha had done Kajol's hair in long wavy curls that fell down her back and Karan basically chose the tight-fitted dress she was donning for the evening. She was currently feeling self-conscious and in over her head. Her mind was stuck on the thought of Shah Rukh. She felt as if she were betraying him, though she knew she truly wasn't.

"Stop thinking about Shah Rukh

"Stop thinking about Shah Rukh. You're not making anything easier on yourself." Varsha blurted out in acute frustration with her friend. She couldn't understand why she wouldn't just relax and enjoy the time she would be having with Arjun. Don't get her wrong she was team SRK all the way, but just like Karan Varsha didn't value the emotional rollercoaster Shah Rukh had been taking her on.

"I'm not thinking—" Kajol began in a flustered tone, but stopped when Karan talked over her.

"Yes you are and that's fine, it's only natural but you agreed to this date with Arjun meaning he deserves just as much attention for the evening." Karan expressed with a sad smile on his face. He hated to see Kajol unhappy and wound so tightly. He only wished Shah Rukh would act fast if he had a plan to be with the poor girl. Karan had faith that Shah Rukh had something up his sleeve. No way he would let Kajol peacefully be with another man right?

The dinging of the doorbell caused everyone to shoot their eyes in the direction of the front doors of Kajol's home. Instantly Kajol felt as if death were upon her. Her heart dropped to her stomach and she was finding it hard to catch her breath. She wanted to cry a river just from her nerves but knew she couldn't.

"You'll be fine." Karan insisted noticing the immediate change in her. Supportively he pulled her into a tight hug, which Varsha also joined in on out of care and encouragement. Kajol sighed as she looked at the caring expressions on her friend's faces. The love and concern that possessed their eyes gave the woman instant positive energy. It was time to put her big girl panties on and face the music.

Quietly, Kajol made her stride to the front door of her home. Taking one last deep breath, she opened the door.

"Wow, you look absolutely gorgeous." Arjun's eyes gleamed as he stared at the woman of his dreams. For the rest of the day since finding out he would be going on a date with the actress he wished someone would pinch him. It all just felt like a dream. Just like Kajol, he had found it hard for himself to decide what to wear for the evening.

"Thank you. You also look very handsome." Kajol smiled at the man who stood before her. Butterflies were still in her stomach, but she felt just a tad bit more comfortable when she saw the awed expression on his face. A smile also adorned his face at her kind words.