What's This Feeling? And Why Is It Affecting Me?

Nagito's P.O.V.

(There will be some... interesting parts in this one, so you have been warned!)

-

What am I doing? What am I doing? What am I doing? The same sentence repeated in my head. Are you crazy? You're not think right. You're doing this on instinct. But then again, it's not like I can just leave him. He's probably scared out of his wits right now.

"Hey. What's your name?" I asked him, unsure of what to do or say.

"Me? Oh... It's Hajime Hinata. You?" he asked back.

"I'm Nagito Komaeda. Glad to get introduction out of the way." I replied.

"R-Right... So, how long 'till we get there?" he asked me.

"Just past this turn and to the left." I told him.

"M'kay..."

We ran for a little longer and then turned to the left. I looked to the left again and stopped. Hinata almost crashed into me, but the managed to stop himself in time.

"Wow... You're house is so big." he noted.

"Hm? Oh, thanks. I never really thought about it." I started towards the house. "Hurry. Before they come to this part of the city."

He nodded his head and ran over to me. I also ran, but to the door. He continued to follow. I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door. Hinata followed me inside.

"So... Um... Komaeda?" he asked as he walked in.

"Yeah?" I looked back to him. "Oh, make sure you close the door."

He did as I asked. "How long... Do you think I'll have to stay here?"

"... It depends. I'm sure this whole fiasco will be on the news, so we should probably keep an eye on that." I told him.

"Do you think we'll be safe here?" he asked, a worried expression on his face.

I almost chuckled at his fear. I knew that if push came to shove, I could just fight whatever came in here of my own accord, having the same strengths as them. But I managed to suppress those thoughts and put on an act. "I-I hope so... But I'm sure that... Everything will be okay." I said.

"I hope you're right..." he sighed.

"Why don't you sit down? Do you want something to drink?" I asked him.

"Oh, um... No, thank you." he said.

"Okay." I sighed. "That's honestly kind of good to hear. I only have water at the moment, ahaha..." I chuckled. Well... That and some packs of blood, but I doubt that would be very appetizing to him.

"Then why'd you ask?" he sat down on my couch.

"Well, it's the nice thing to do, right?" I smiled. "What kind of guy doesn't offer their guests something to drink, or a place to sit?"

"...I don't know..." Hinata looked to the floor, his eyes downcast.

"...Hey. I'm going to go get some water for myself. Stay there, alright? Turn the T.V. on and find something to watch, if you'd like." Hinata nodded, and I made my way to the kitchen, out of his sight.

I opened the fridge. Inside was at least ten packs of blood. The idea of drinking cold blood wasn't exactly alluring, but I could suck it up. I quickly grabbed one and drank it, quenching my thirst. If this doesn't help, then I don't know what will... He smells so good, it's hard to resist... But then again, I haven't drank anything in a while, so... I guess that might be part of it, too.