Chapter 4

Y/N was kind of nervous for this party now that she'd been thinking about Harry a lot more than before. What if she got a little too drunk and said something stupid that made him uncomfortable? She had been pretty good at keeping him at a bit of a distance as she had told him she would; but if he continued being as sweet towards her as he had been it might prove harder than she thought. The annoying thing was that he wasn't even flirting with her or behaving this way to convince her out of the boundary she had set! That was just his way of being, nice and charming to an inhuman amount. He was that way with everyone from what she could tell. Maybe he turned it on a bit more for her, but only because of how he had treated her before. It was evidently something that continued to concern and weigh on him quite a bit despite how many times she assured him that he was forgiven. The point was that actually spending time with him in a truly social setting was going to present an opportunity for her to see if maybe she could loosen the boundary a bit for the night and see a more trustworthy and caring side to him.

"Oh my god, you look so cute!" Julie squealed excitedly as Y/N stepped out of her aunt's ensuite in her costume. It was just a slightly cropped, faded red muscle tank along some high waisted denim shorts. She was gonna wear her old, white vans. They were a little beat up, but they added to the vintage feel of the look.

"Do you even know who I'm supposed to be?" She asked her aunt who scoffed in offense.

"Are you kidding me?! I was 13 when Dirty Dancing came out. Trust me I wore Baby-inspired outfits all summer hoping to land a Patrick Swayze type!" She said and Y/N giggled.

"OK, just as long as you can tell a little. Do you have a black belt I can borrow?" She asked her aunt.

"Yes, but her belt was brown in that scene you're dressed as." Julie said and Y/N looked at her skeptically. "Trust me, I'd know." She smiled and Y/N sniggered. "Are you going to curl your hair?"

"I'm lazy..." she said and her aunt rolled her eyes.

"It'll make the look complete. I'll even do it for you." She offered.

"Fine. But we're watching the movie just to settle the thing about the belt." She smiled.

"Alright, go plug in the curler and get ready to get schooled." Her aunt said and Y/N laughed as she went on and did that and then hurried off to retrieve her laptop and get into some comfy clothes for the time being. She would change before she left. So, she and her aunt chatted about how everything had been going at the shop while she did her hair and the film droned on in the background. Julie did not hesitate to rub it in her face when the scene her look came from came on and she was indeed wearing a brown belt.

Once it was time to go, Julie told her to be safe at the party and to call her if she needed a ride or anything and Y/N let her know that of course she would, she was intending on drinking so she was taking an uber there, but if she got too drunk she wouldn't take one back alone. She kissed her aunt on the cheek and rushed out to catch her uber. She intended on arriving about an hour after the party started, just to make sure she wasn't the first one there, but she still felt really tense and nervous for some reason. It's gonna be fine. She kept saying to herself mentally.

*****************

Harry was shocked when he arrived to Vy's neighborhood, the homes were huge and the properties had significant distances between them. He knew that her husband was a producer for a record label so they must've been well off, but this was far more than he anticipated. He saw a little valet podium as he drove up to their gate and just stepped out and smiled at the older gentleman there.

"Good evening." Harry said and the man returned the pleasantry and handed him a ticket number labeled 49. Already 49 cars here? Jesus. He thought to himself as he handed over his keys, "It's manual." He informed the man of his car and he nodded.