Chapter 17

The hotel was down in Manchester as they were playing Austria at old Trafford. Sophie and Leah went up to their room when they got there and laid on the bed cuddling Sophie had a smile on her face as Leah's arms wrapped around her 'You excited Captain?' She asked looking at her. Leah looked at her 'I'm nervous' she said looking at her 'Oh how come' she said turning to look at her properly 'because I don't want to let the team down' she said 'or the country' she said looking down slightly. Sophie tilted her head back up to look at her 'I said the same thing to Mary 'we have eleven players on the pitch and 12 on the bench it's not all on you' she said 'all of us we are a team we win as a team we lose as a team' she said looking at her 'Me and you are a team if your struggling come and talk to me or Mille or Sarina if you need a break we can sort that out too' she said looking at her 'I've got you ' she said looking at her wiping her tears away gently pecking her lips gently 'I've always got you' she said looking at her with a smile on her face as Leah cuddled into her.

Sophie smiled as she held Leah's hand as they walked into the canteen for some food kissing her cheek as she walked she had a slightly sterner face on as she was in captain mode there was only Sophie that got the softer Leah while she was in this mode.

Sophie went and got some food looking at the options biting her lip before getting soup and a salad and sitting down at a table with Millie Leah and Rachel. Hey guys' she said with a smile 'Millie can I talk to you after dinner' she said looking at her 'I need to talk to you and Sarina I'll send her a message ' she said looking at the defender as she nodded gently 'Yeah sure' she said as Sophie sent a small text to Sarina letting her know. Sarina looked at her phone and looked up at Sophie she sent a text back saying 'we have a meeting tonight 'we can meet before in the conference room' Sophie looked over and nodded and showed Millie the text 'I'll be there' she said looking at her with a nod.