Chapter 1 - The Soldier and The Military Nurse

Warning manga spoilers chapter 62-62.3
Characters are 19 years old

===

"Be careful",

The girl told the boy since his injuries are big deal this time.

Broken leg, broken arm, head injuries.

But then again, what to expect when you're a soldier fighting in a war? He's lucky to be alive.

The boy stayed silent on the bed, the camp feels quiet despite the commotion happened on the background.

He contemplates. All his childhood friends are dead, by the ill-conceived and recklessly planned operation.

Well, not all of his childhood friends,

He stared at her, the military nurse that always took care of his injuries, the only childhood friend he has that still alive. They stayed together as kids to survive when they lost contact with their families and friends.

"□□□", the boy called her name and his hand gestures indicates the invitation for her to sit beside him.

"What's your plan after the war is over?", He asked her after she sits beside him.

She stared at him, not expecting such question in these kind of situation.

"I have no idea....but I want to be an agronomist to feed those who starve because of the lack of food caused by the war, remember how we used to struggle like them?"

He nodded.

"What about you? Any plans after the war is over?", She asked.

He stared at the floor, a hint of sadness in his gaze.

"You know, we only have each other since forever",

She looks at him confused by his choice of words, but she let him continue.

"And I can't lose another important person to me anymore. So when we survived this war,"

He looks at her,

"Will you continue to stay with me forever?"

"■■■, are you...?" She wants to confirm what he suggests.

"Marry me after the war is over, □□□"

[Author's note: just to be clear, "■■■" is Loid's real name and "□□□" is OC's real name]

unedited
#CyanHydrangea
30/12/2023