Chapter 2 - Two Spies (and their everyday lives)

"Will you continue to stay with me forever?"

"■■■, are you...?" She wants to confirm what he suggests

"Marry me after the war is over, □□□"

===

"Agent Star, do you copy?"

The said agent is back to her awareness after the flashback she had for awhile.

"Yes, Agent Twilight. Waiting for your command", She's ready on position with her sniper rifle on top one of the buildings

The soldier and the military nurse were soon recruited by Military Intelligence. They worked together as Agent Twilight and Agent Star.

While being spies requires them to disguise in million faces, they choose one identity for their everyday lives.

The Forgers.

Loid Forger - Psychiatrist, and Tiffany Forger - Agronomist.

Not easy to maintain a "normal" lives as spies, but the married couple managed to strive.

===

Tiffany's POV

"Well done, Agent Twilight, Agent Star"

The Handler dismissed us after the success of our mission tonight.

Walking out the Safe House, I feel the night breeze over my face, and I remembered something important.

"Dear, we need to buy groceries for tomorrow's breakfast", I said turning to my husband

Now outside of mission, we can act like a totally normal couple.

"Alright", my husband a.k.a 'Loid' answered.

We agree to never call each other with our real names ever again.

After we brought our groceries, we go straight to our home.

We took our rest since who knows what tomorrow holds for us?

===

I woke up by the smell of coffee filling the house.

Loid must had woken up earlier than me and now making breakfast, like always.

"Morning, love", he greeted me as I walked in the kitchen. He handed me the coffee he made for me.

We had breakfast like usual, and soon I helped Loid to prepare himself to go to the hospital.

As we bid our goodbyes at the front door, I noticed our mailbox is full. I took all the mails and starts to sorts them out, and I found one important mail addressed to me.

===

"You're going to the countryside for 3 months?"

The mail addressed to me is an invitation to the countryside, to teach a group of children to plant peanuts as there are shortage of the said legume over there.

We're having dinner while I asked for my husband's permission to go.

"Yes, you know, peanuts needs 3 months approximately to grow the crop. But I'm worried during the 3 months I'm away there are missions assigned for me", I explained.

"Actually, about that....", Loid seems unsure how to explain something.

"We've been assigned to another mission, Operation Strix" Loid gave me a 'newspaper'.

"The target is the leader of the National Unity Party, Donovan Desmond. Our mission is to get close to him and probe into any seditious activities. In order to do so....", Loid paused his explanation.

I finished reading the 'newspaper' and need to confirm, "....we need to adopt a child....?"

unedited
#CyanHydrangea
30/12/2023