Chapter One

he first day I have left the orphanage was horrible. Not that I would regret leaving, not really. But I had nowhere to go and it was quite cold and rainy. New year, new me. They say, well let's see if it was really going to be like that. Maybe yes and maybe not. But it is worth the try.

I've walked through a lot of dark alleys in the centre of Washington. It started getting rainy and cold as it was only 15 degrees outside, it was the New Year's Eve, everything was closed, everybody was celebrating and I had nowhere to go. I was roaming around the streets for about an hour now, my clothes all soaked, I knew that if I went to the public toilets to change over, it would come to waste because I would get wet again.

It seemed as if I walked for eternity until my hopes lit up, I saw a group of people inside a building, they were all smoking and holding cups of beer in their hands, or I think it was a beer. I wanted to walk over and ask if they know some place I could hide in front of the rain when out of sudden one of the guys moved over and I saw a sign that read The Park at Fourteenth. I ran up to the door to get in but when I passed the boys I heard a lot of wolf whistles. Turning around, I wanted to shoot them a glare but then one of the boys made the way through them.

"Leave her alone," he roamed. "She looks lost, I don't think she needs y'all making fun of her just because her dress are soaked and she's probably frozen." Taking off his jacket, he put it around my shoulders.

"Thanks." I muttered, looking at the tall boy with dark hair that were completely wet and messy from the rain, the rain has shown itself in its all beauty as his white shirt was getting soaked, showing off his board shoulders even more than you could already see and his six-pack was basically screaming "Hey! Look at me." From all the ways possible. His brown eyes were full of joy and a little bit red, guess the alcohol is proving its skills tonight too.

"Let's get you a drink." He said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and leading me inside, I should probably tell him that I haven't even been eighteen yet and that I just can't drink but it was too late by the time we got to the bar. "Two shots of vodka." He demanded, the bartender didn't even look at him nor did he want the money. Okay, what's wrong with this club?

"Um, hey. I don't even know your name and all... But eh... I don't drink, I mean, I never drunk. I'm sixteen." I said shyly, looking at the ground. The boy took both shots, mine and his and drank it all alone, then took a hold of my chin and raised it up.

"It's okay, we'll get you something non-alcoholic then." He smiled at me, dimples popping out of his cheeks and I had to look down again and cover my red face in my incredibly wet hair. "I'm Thomas by the way."

I looked up to see the charming boy again and smiled at him. "I'm Mia and..." I checked myself out with a horrible expression. "...and I should probably go change my clothes." I laughed, somehow feeling free around Thomas. He pointed me the direction where the girls' room was and I walked away with my bag, smiling to myself.

Once I opened the girls' room, I felt eyes on me. Eyes of girls that were looking at me like at some cheap thing on a shelf in supermarket. The feeling was back. Feeling of not being wanted somewhere. I hid my face again and walked in a cabin, changing into some shorts with universe motive and a black crop top, showing off the bellybutton piercing that Olivia illegally made for me once. I smiled at it and slipped in a pair of red and white converse shoes. When I got out, the squad of girls was gone, thanks god.

Looking in the mirror, I sighed. I looked horrible and that's when another cabin door opened and a girl in high heels, really, really tight tank top and a short skirt came out. She looked perfectly perfect, beautiful even but also like a damn cheap girl. "Hey sweetheart," she said with a huge smile on her face. "You look dreadful. I know I have no blow dryer but just put your head under the hair dryer, everyone does it on parties." She said.