Chapter 2: New life

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Heyo! For all those who have read chapter one and are here, I thank you for saving those few seconds of your life on me.
For those who are here without reading the first chapter, I'm watching you👀.

I'm just kidding.... hopefully.

Anywho, thanks for the sees? reads? I don't know what that eye means. But, if you've done anything to this book which is good, I thank you.

Enough about me though. Onward with the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~••

  Right where we left off! Three guards gritted their teeth with rage as they held their blades next to Izika's throat. Sweat dampened Izika's boots as black drops started to roll down his arms like sweat.

'Murder?! That scream from before must have been from someone who had discovered the body. Calm down and focus, if I try to do anything I might end up killed.'

  The air was spread thin thanks to the tension as the murmurs from the servants acted as the background music of a suspense scene. The guards took note of Izika's hesitation and stood their ground. In a world where people have supernatural abilities, a cornered human becomes more lethal. What felt like an eternity was merely a few seconds until the sound of a pair of boots was heard.

"What's all the commotion about? Everyone apart from the guards, you may leave us to handle this."

A dark blonde-haired woman stepped out of the crowd, instructing the servants and other spectators to leave the scene. Wearing a white dress shirt tucked into black jeans and a large pouch strapped to a walnut brown belt matching her boots, this woman meant business.

  "So, what happened here? Seems like you're taking out your anger onto a child," the woman asked, crossing her arms.

  One of the guards straightened his posture. "Mrs Susten Chéng, we found a suspect near the scene. They ran off to the storage houses until we managed to catch them."

  Susten sighed. "Alright... bring him in for questioning."

The guards sheathed their swords as one of them let iron come out of their hands and wrap around Izika, encasing the rest of his body apart from his head and neck. Susten turned and headed for the main building, the guards following suit as the iron encased Izika hovered off the ground and followed them. Axel and the servants who were told to disperse watched as the five walked off to the main building.

*VRRRM*

Axel heard his phone vibrate and grabbed it from his pocket, answering the call. "Hello?"

"Axel. For you to answer the call so calmly, that must mean that the delivery was a success, right?"

Axel paused for a few seconds until he gulped down the feelings that choked his throat. "Yes, sir."

"Alright then, the others will handle the rest."

  With that, the mysterious call cut as Axel remained hearing the dead line ring in silence.

  Meanwhile, in the main building, Susten and the guards took Izika down many hallways with Izika himself encased as the iron followed the guards. Izika kept his head down as they took him, not wanting to show that he had some confidence.

'Alright, think. Someone murdered Lady Zeita, and the murder took place inside the palace, exact location unknown. Suspects? The person who bumped into me at the truck. If the guards' eyes were dead set on the test tube, then that might mean that the person who bumped into me must have been the real suspect. Best not jump to conclusions though...'