Chapter 3: Setting the Path Forward

"So like....I was trying to relax, and Izzy was insistent that we do it again," a man with a Cebravin accent commented to a female Shal'rein.

Sickbay was relatively busy at the time. Doctor Folar'sha, a Shal'rein doctor, was standing by Dean, who was sitting down on one of the beds. Folar'sha was a kind-hearted Itrean. She stood at around seven feet in height and had light gray and smooth brown scales on her body. Her purple hair was tied up in a bun on the back-right side, making it short on one side and wavy on the other. She had protruding fins on her tail, arms, and legs, much like any Shal'rein. She wore a pink and white lab coat that covered much of her frame. What was noticeable on her body was her protruding stomach. While it wasn't large for her frame, it was still big enough that she would occasionally press her hand to it.

Petty Officer Dean was also well known on the ship but for a variety of reasons. He had pale skin and blond hair long enough that he had to tie it up. The way that the man spoke would make others think he was under the influence, but he always carried himself in a very laid-back and sometimes dumbfounded tone.

The sickbay was a room with six medical beds jutting from the deck. Sets of displays were relayed over each bed. Beside the beds were various medical equipment. Adjacent to this room was an enclosed office room and storage compartment where Cayetano was.

"Dean?....Dean?" Folar'sha addressed him. Her hand was waving by his face.

"Oh, whoa....," Dean remarked, snapping out of his quick daydream. "Sorry, like....what was I talking about?"

"You were talking about Iz'tre."

"Yeah....Izzy's like....really great and all that, but....ummm....," Dean was trying to figure out how to say it.

"Dean, it's ok to tell me. You complained about pain?"

"But, like.....it doesn't seem really cool to tell you, Folie. Like.....you might get offended and all that. But, you're like a bro, you know?"

Folar'sha smiled. "You don't have to worry about hurting my feelings. Everything will be kept confidential."

"Heh," Dean smiled back. "Yeah, you're right. Well, I keep getting, like....pain down their Doc."

"What sort of pain?"

"It's like....coming from my, you know what."

"Pain from your genitals?"

"Yeah.....whoa, that's a way better way of saying it than what I was going to say. Heh."

"When does it hurt?"

"It hurts when I.....ummm," Dean also tried to find a word for it. "Like, Izzy to suck on it and...."

"Oral sex?" Folar'sha finished the sentence.

"Yeah, yeah, that's the way to say it. And well, umm.....Every time I'm reaching near the end of letting it go.....you know?"

"Climax?"

"Man, Folie," Dean was shaking his head. "I'm glad you know all these words. Like, it just starts to hurt every time now."

"I see," Folar'sha paused and seemed to think. "Well, let's see if we can narrow down the issue. How often do you engage in oral sex?"

"About seven times a day.....nope.....eight times."

"Seven to eight times a day," the Shal'rein put her hands to her hips while her finned tail flicked in the air. She looked in the direction of the chief. "I envy you, Dean."