Bad Day Cuddles

Zekus read a book as the sun set. Having days off was the best! It would have been better if Kyle were there, but he didn't mind a little quiet, either. He breathed in the cool air, closing his book and stretching.

'Kyle should be getting back soon,' He thought to himself, smiling, 'I wonder what he got up to today?'

As if he heard him, Kyle came walking in, slumped and silent, very unlike himself.

"Kyle?" Zekus asked, going to Kyle. "What's wrong, what happened?"

"Don't really wanna talk about it..." Kyle murmured, leaning on Zekus' shoulder.

Zekus pondered for a moment before leading Kyle to the couch and folding a blanket around him.

"Wait here." he ordered, going into their kitchen. Kyle watched, tilting his head.

"Here, something sweet." Zekus sat down beside Kyle and held out some ice cream. Kyle took it and bit into the cold stuff, smiling a little.

Zekus gave him a small kiss and leaned on him, cuddling the swaddled Kyle.

"I hope I'm not too cold," Zekus said, "I may of had the day off, but that doesn't mean I don't use my magic."

"No, no," Kyle said, "you're perfect."

"Now will you tell me what happened?"

"Just a crappy day," Kyle replied, snuggling into Zekus, "but it's better now that I'm with you!"

"I'm glad." Zekus said, rubbing Kyle's back.

"Well, Rei was getting on my nerves," Kyle continued, "and then some jerks were trying to start something, and then..."

Zekus listened to Kyle's rambles, nodding.

"And then finally, it rained when I was walking back!"

"I did see the rain. At least it stopped."

"Yeah, when I got back inside."

Zekus chuckled and gave Kyle another kiss on the cheek.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah. Thanks so much, Zekus!" Kyle gave Zekus a peck on the nose.

"Anything for you." Zekus said.

The two sat on the couch and cuddled for a long time. Kyle eventually fell asleep, trapping Zekus, who wasn't too upset and soon fell fast asleep right next to him.