Hvergelmir

Hvergelmir 

[608 ATK] 

[CDMG 66.2%] 

"Whence All Waters Rise" - Raises Elemental Mastery by 12% of ATK. Using a Normal/Charged/Plunge attack, dealing Elemental Skill damage, or casting Elemental Burst will gain one stack of Eikthyrnir's branch, once every 0.8 seconds. Each stack has an 8 second duration, and is counted independently. Gaining a stack of Eikthyrnir's Branch will increase Elemental Damage Bonus% by 8%. With three stacks active, ATK will be increased by 20%, and attack speed will increase by 10%.

-

Short description: [A strange weapon made of an unusual metal found deep beneath the earth. Silver branches sprout and tie the blade to the pole, pulsating with dormant power. It awaits its promised heart.]

-

Long description: [There was once a great king who believed it to be his fate to oppose the will of the divine. But as one who was not acknowledged by the gods, he had no true power aside from his own royal blood. His retainers silently believed him to be foolish, for he had never once wielded a weapon for a purpose that was not ceremonial. Seeking wisdom, he sought an audience with a wise sage from the kingdom hidden from the gaze of the divine.

"I seek a weapon that would give me the power of a god," he proclaimed. In response, the sage let out a long sigh before telling him such a thing was impossible. A mortal vessel could not store within it the power of the divine, nor could a weapon forged by man hope to lay a scratch on the flesh of a god. The king became furious with the sage, arguing irately that this was his chosen destiny, and if he must tear away the thorns of fate, then so be it.

The great king had turned away sharply and begun to march out, before the sage had stopped him. The sage smiled, for he had thought of an idea, "A mortal vessel cannot store within it the power of the divine. But a weapon is not a mortal vessel."

Thusly, the two come to an agreement. The king had brought his finest blacksmiths to forge a beautiful staff of the dark metal brought by the sage. "This metal neither rusts nor dulls," the sage told the king, inscribing sacred runes along its side, "rather, it strengthens itself against the rendered flesh and lifeblood of its enemies. A strong spine that will bend to none."

Secondly came the blade of the weapon. The sage had brought him three crystals made out of a beautiful blue material, requesting they be sharpened into points. When the king had asked the sage why he had chosen the crystals, the sage had smiled, "Though buried deep within the earth, their birthright is to be gazed upon by all. Such unbridled radiance can shear through fate."

Finally, the sage had brought the king a mess of tangled silver vines. The king stared at the vines in his hands, and asked the sage what these were. The sage told him they were the roots of this world, harvested by none other than himself. He urged the king to tie the blade and the staff together with the vines quickly, before the last of their power ran out, and the vines fell dead. The king tied the weapon together, as it shone duly in his hand.

"This weapon... does the power of a god truly sleep within it?" He asked the sage, "It's made of the finest materials in the world, yet it looks no different than any other weapon."

"It is a vessel, my king," the sage had told him, gently taking the weapon from the king and running his finger against the runes, "An empty glass of wine, a heartless corpse. These roots must be nourished before they can show their power."

The king had opened his mouth to respond, but the words did not escape him. The three crystal prongs of the staff had been plunged through his chest, the crimson royal blood he prided himself on flowing down the blades to nourish the vines. A faint blue glow lit from within the vines as they soaked in the king's blood.

The sage smiled and pulled the weapon free, admiring the way it trembled in his hands. With an indomitable spirit resting within it, the only thing it now lacked was its heart.]