03: Wrong Place, Wrong Time

“Beautiful, Ms. Kuroba! You're a flower that just bloomed in spring! Like an angel that descended from the heavens, truly a blessing! Your eyes shine like a beautiful gemstone! So perfect!”

The cameras flashed their lights each second and I switched my pose in every flash. From placing my hand on my hip to placing my arm over my head. Standing with my hips swayed to the right to laying down on my side surrounded by petals of red roses. 

The photographer kept throwing praises at me making sure to keep my modeling nature. I let all of those praises inside of me. It gave me life, it was what kept me going. 

After the photoshoot, I waited in the lobby area of the studio waiting for my manager to come back. From the corner of my eyes I could see people staring at me from afar. Admiring me like I'm some sort of goddess.

I smirked to myself as I sat down on one of the couches they had and my bodyguard handed me a magazine. I began to skim through the pages, looking at the different models and brands until I found the page I wanted to see. 

“Kuroba Chikage - Rated number one as most beautiful woman in Tokyo.”

My hands gripped tightly on the magazine causing small wrinkles to form on the edges. I turned the page as I found myself rated in second place. I bit down on my nail softly as I shut the magazine closed and tossed it aside. 

It was just like Kaito said the other day. My mother would make it in first place while I stayed in second. 

“I need to do something…” I muttered to myself. 

My manager later came for me and escorted me out of the building into our car. We got in the backseat and she took out movie scripts out of her bag.

“These movie directors reached out to us and offered you these roles in upcoming series this year.” Sayuri said, passing three of the scripts to me.

I read the summary of each movie carefully and looked at the genre. The first one was a suspense series, “My Secret Admirer”. I would play the leading role as a high school student who finds love letters in her desk, book bag and lockers. But as it progresses, things take a quick and unexpected turn and the notes slowly become weird and uncomfortable for the girl.

The second one was a romance, “Blue Butterfly”. A beautiful and lovely setting but unfortunately sad. My role would be the female lead, a young woman who is slowly dying from an incurable disease. However she falls in love with someone who doesn't love her back. Truly a pain in the heart for viewers.

The third one is a fantasy movie called, “Throne of Eternity”. Unlike the other projects where I had a leading role, I was offered a side role. My character ends up dying due to a betrayal in the group meaning I won't have much screen time. 

I threw the third option to the side not wanting to be a side character who barely had any screen time. I held the other two scripts in hands looking over them again. The first one is interesting and I could easily play the female lead role in the movie. An innocent and loveable young girl. 

My gaze turned to the other script. Nowadays romance seems to be the number one genre people choose to watch. Instead of watching a movie that has them at the edge of their seats, they would rather watch a romantic film wanting to provide themselves a sense of escapism from the real world.

I placed the suspense script down on top of the other script and raised  “Blue Butterflies” up to show Sayuri. 

“This one. I'll play the leading actress, Nishiyama Sei. It should be easy to play the role of a sick and deeply in love person.” I smiled reading over the characters that are in the movies.