Chapter 7

I took a deep breath, bracing myself for the meeting in the hall. Kyung Jun and I walked together, as we entered, Jun Hee, Yeon Seo, and Jung Won immediately approached, concern etched on their faces.

"Youra! you okay?" Jun Hee asked, his eyes searching mine for any sign of distress.

"I'm okay," I replied with a reassuring smile.

Yeon Seo began. "I'm sorry I didn't see you this morning."

Jung Won joined the conversation with annoyed face while looking at Kyung Jun , "we can't meet you...Kyung Jun didn't allow anyone to enter the cafeteria... like he's in charge.."

I furrowed my brow, looking over at Kyung Jun, who stood next to me. His expression was blank, giving away nothing

As we settled into the talk, Hyun Ho arrived, and his eyes quickly found mine. He approached with a determined stride, and before I could say anything, he enveloped me in a tight hug.

"Are you okay?" he asked, genuine concern evident in his voice. "I was worried when I didn't see you for almost a day after what happened yesterday."

"I'm okay, Hyun Ho," I reassured him with a grateful smile.

As I remained in the embrace of Hyun Ho, a sudden, gentle force interrupted the moment. Kyung Jun, standing next to us, lightly pushed against Hyun Ho's body, prompting him to release the hug.

I looked at Kyung Jun, who wore an expression that seemed to hover between nonchalance and a subtle claim. Hyun Ho stepped back, staring at Kyung Jun face.

Kyung Jun's actions conveyed a sense of possessiveness that lingered in the air. I met his gaze, trying to discern the emotions behind his seemingly protective demeanor. The unspoken tension between us hinted at complexities that demanded attention, but before everything could escalate further, I decided to change the situation.

I turned to Jun Hee, who had been engaged in the discussion, and redirected the focus. "Oppa, what happened to Seung Bin? I feel like I missed something important."

He nodded, a mix of concern and urgency in his expression. "He getting stab a few times on stomach, and we still try to figure out who could be behind it."

Eun Chan, who had been quiet since earlier, suddenly spoke up. His voice, though soft, carried a suggestion that hadn't been explored.

"Why don't we just check the place where Seung Bin was killed?" He proposed. "There might be evidence that the mafia left behind. It could give us some clues."

Yeon Seo, ever the practical thinker, nodded in agreement. "That's a good idea. We shouldn't overlook any possible leads. Let's gather as much information as we can."

The group, including Kyung Jun and me, shifted their attention to the new plan.

When we reached the room where Seung Bin was killed, we scoured every inch, searching through the corners and under the furniture. After 15 minutes of thorough exploration, we still hadn't found anything substantial. Frustration was setting in, and the atmosphere grew heavy with uncertainty.

Just as we were on the brink of giving up, Somi's voice cut through the disappointment. "Hey, guys, come over here!" she called.

We gathered around Somi, who held a piece of green cloth in her hand. She pointed at it with an intrigued expression. Jung Won took the fabric from Somi, examining it closely. Then, she looked at Kyung Jun and asked with a raised eyebrow, "Isn't this the same color as your jacket?"

A hush fell over the group as all eyes turned to Kyung Jun. The realization hung in the air, creating a moment of suspense that echoed in the room.

Hearing what Jung Won said, I kept my gaze fixed on Kyung Jun. Somi, intrigued by the discovery, chimed in, "Yeah, Kyung Jun, why aren't you wearing a jacket today?"