CHAPTER 8

Melody started to play as a sign that it was already morning. I woke up, my cheeks still damp with tears. Without thinking, I got up, driven by an instinct to go to the CCTV room where Kyung Jun was. However, my steps were abruptly halted as Hyun Ho grabbed my hand.

"Where are you going?" he asked, concern etched on his face.

"I need to go to Kyung Jun," I replied urgently, my voice tinged with desperation.

Hyun Ho tightened his grip on my hand, his expression conflicted. "Are you sure you can accept the truth when you see his condition?."

"But I need to know! I can't just stand here!" I pleaded, my eyes welling up with a renewed sense of anxiety.

Just as I was about to insist further, an unexpected announcement boomed from the speakers, cutting through the tension in the air. "BEFORE THE LAST VOTING ROUND CLOSED, THE POLICE USED THEIR SKILL. BEFORE THE LAST VOTE CLOSED, THE DOCTOR NOMINATED WHO TO HEAL. THEY NOMINATED GO KYUNG JUN."

The words echoed in the room, creating a momentary silence that hung heavily. A mix of relief and confusion washed over me. I turned to Hyun Ho, our eyes meeting in shared disbelief.

And without waiting for anything, I ran towards the CCTV room. In the hallway leading to the room, I saw Kyung Jun emerging with a pale face. Seeing him in front of me, I ran towards him, my heart pounding with a mix of worry and relief.

"Kyung Jun!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around him and hugging him tightly. The feel of his embrace was a reassurance, a confirmation that he was indeed okay.

He reciprocated, holding me close with a tenderness that spoke volumes. "I'm alright," he whispered, his voice filled with a mix of exhaustion and gratitude. His fingers traced soothing patterns on my back, and the warmth of his touch melted away the lingering fear.

I pulled back slightly, cupping his face in my hands, searching his eyes for reassurance. "I was so scared," I admitted, my voice trembling with residual emotion.

His gaze met mine, and there was a depth of understanding in his eyes. "I'm okay...you don't need to worry. ," he reminded me, his thumb gently wiping away a tear that had escaped.

A soft smile played on his lips, and I couldn't help but be captivated by the strength of his love. In that moment, the world around us seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of us entwined in a cocoon of shared emotions. 

[HYUN HO POV]

I stood there in the hallway, watching them embrace, my heart heavy with a mixture of joy for her and a tinge of melancholy for myself. The warmth in Kyung Jun's eyes as he looked at her mirrored the love and reassurance that she so desperately needed. It stung, but I couldn't deny that she deserved every bit of happiness.

A bittersweet smile played on my lips as I took a step back, giving them the space they needed. Deep down, I knew that Youra's heart belonged to Kyung Jun, and I had to accept that reality. My own feelings, though genuine, were overshadowed by the strength of their connection.

Youra pulled back from the hug, and her eyes, glistening with tears, met mine. There was gratitude in her gaze, and I mustered a smile in return. "Thank You Hyun Ho...for taking care of me last night. " she said, her voice carrying a mix of emotions.

I nodded, my smile masking the ache within. "no problem...and....I'm just glad Kyung Jun is okay." and she gave a smile to me as a response. 

As they started to walk away, hand in hand, I lingered in the hallway, my gaze following them until they turned the corner. The weight of unspoken words hung in the air, and I couldn't shake the sense of longing that clung to my heart.