3

[Alpha POV]

It's been around a month since I first arrived at the 501st and honestly I have to say things are going horribly. Sure, I have Perrine, but so far I feel like I've only really interacted with her. And just as she said before she drilled her name into my head. Telling me to address her by her name every time I spoke directly to her. I started to see improvement and eventually I did it on instinct.
Though other than that nothing really has been different. I never pretty much interact with anyone other than Perrine. In fact, I found out Perrine's room was right next to mine, so I've gone there to hang out every once in a while.
The voice in my head that showed up that day rarely comes up and I still have no clue what it is. Usually only showing up whenever I have a base dream to comfort me. But ever since I've been hanging out with Perrine, I've had less of these nightmares. Yet, they still occur and something tells me that it's a good thing I don't remember these nightmares. Perrine doesn't know about it, but I think she's starting to realize about them. I can tell by the look she gives me whenever I have one of them.
Today was one of those days again, I had a nightmare and the mystery voice showed up once again to comfort me, yet it didn't speak; I could tell, though it was there. The usual warm embrace that surrounded me whenever I had them, like a warm breeze of air followed me wherever I went before disappearing as such.
I was sitting on the edge of my bed, absorbing the warmth of the warm breeze around me before it disappeared once more, when someone knocked on the door. I sniffed the air. It was Perrine. Her smell was quite familiar to me now, she smelled like a particular flower that I couldn't remember the name of, but it reminded me of her too.
Without waiting for a response, Perrine let herself in, the door practically bursting open making me jolt in surprise. The loud noise made my ears throb in pain.
"P-perrine? What's the matter?"
The Gallian huffed at me, looking me in the eyes with a stern look. Her arms crossed just like she always had them. " 'What's the matter?' I should be asking you that! Look at you, your eyes are red!"
Her eyes softened ever so slightly as she noticed me flinch. She sat down next to me, placing her hand on mine, looking me in the eyes intently. I glanced around avoiding her gaze, which seemed to tick her off as she grabbed my face, forcing me to look her in the eyes.
"Mmh, P-perrine." I whined as my face was smothered.
"You better tell me or we'll be sitting here all day until you do!" She glared at me, her golden-like eyes as stern as ever.
"Ok, ok! I get it." I grabbed her hands, gently taking them in my hands. Not wanting to look her in the eyes, I stared at her hands fiddling with them anxiously. Her gaze pierced through me as I struggled to get the words out of my mouth.
"...It was just a bad dream, okay?...Nothing serious."
"Just bad dreams don't make you cry, Alpha." Perrine was stern with her words, yet soft with her voice. She stopped me from fiddling any more with her hands and took mine instead. "...will you tell me?"
"...I can't..."
"You...can't? What do you mean?" The blonde looked at me confused.
"W-whenever it happens I can't remember it. But it...scares me enough that I can still feel it..." I muttered under my breath, feeling shameful that I was showing her my weak side; my cheeks were warm.
"Ah...that makes things complicated. But!" She hit her chest with her fist suddenly. "You can always come to me whenever you have them, 'kay Alpha?" She smiled one of those rare smiles that always seemed like she was bathing in the sunlight.
I could feel my face heat up more. Nodding sheepishly, I avoided my gaze from her sunshine. And just like that it was gone, her smile, now she had on her neutral face just like always. Suddenly, I realized something.
"Hey, Perrine?"
"Yes? What is it?" The blonde tilted her head towards me.
"How did you know that I was...Uhh...like this?"
"...that's a secret..."

[Location: Minna's Office]
[POV Minna]

"How's Alpha been?" I asked Mio as I was sorting out the paperwork. "I've seen that she's been hanging out with Perrine a lot. Seems like it was right to pair the two together."
"Alpha-San and Perrine seem to get along quite well from what I can tell." Mio recalled from her memory. She tapped her chin with her index finger. "She's been quite resilient in training ,too. Even when she's not on standby."
"I see..." I frowned. Pushing herself definitely isn't good. "Ah."
"Hmm? What's the matter, Minna?" The woman in front of me tilted her head.
I grinned at her. "Why don't you bring Alpha with you to Fuso?"
"Eh?" Mio blinked, either in surprise or maybe even a little confusion. But it was honestly quite amusing to see her like this.
"Alpha's also from Fuso, so why don't we give her some time to see her home country again. After all, she probably hasn't seen her home in awhile." I explained to the girl, who seemed to be in deep thought. And slowly she said, "...sure..."
"Then it's settled."