Pre-Show Timeline

1986 - Charlotte Drake/DiLaurentis is born to Mary Drake while she is a patient at Radley Sanitarium

1986 - Charlotte Drake/DiLaurentis is born to Mary Drake while she is a patient at Radley Sanitarium. At this time, the father is unknown. Jessica (Mary's identical twin sister) & Kenneth DiLaurentis adopt the baby.

1987/1988 - Jessica & Peter Hastings have an affair and conceive Jason, who is supposedly 15 months younger than Charlotte. The timeline is slightly confusing when it comes to Peter & Jessica's affair, but here are the details I have collected so far: Peter & Veronica were earning their degrees, and Veronica was currently residing in Boston. Peter was in Rosewood alone.

• The DiLaurentis' lived at an apartment on a street named "Willaby" (this detail was taken from the conversation between Peter & Spencer in episode 2x20). This street was either in Rosewood, or in a town just outside of Rosewood (close enough for Peter & Jessica to meet, although it is still unclear how they met).

 This street was either in Rosewood, or in a town just outside of Rosewood (close enough for Peter & Jessica to meet, although it is still unclear how they met)

• Immediately after Jessica becomes pregnant with Jason, she lies to Ken about Peter being the father & the DiLaurentis' move away to Atlanta.

• Peter & Veronica get married & give birth to Melissa immediately after Jessica becomes pregnant. Melissa & Jason are in the same grade & are the same age, so Peter must have jump-started his marriage with Veronica; either due to his guilt for being unfaithful, or realizing Veronica was the one he wanted to be with.

1993/1994 - Alison, Mona and the 4 Liars are born.

1995 - Little Charles is mistaken by Ken for trying to drown Alison in a bathtub filled with scalding hot water. Because of this, and the fact that Ken is unwilling to accept his adopted child, Little Charles is checked in at Radley. The DiLaurentis family moves back to Rosewood to be close to Charles (This time frame is unclear though since Peter Hastings claims that the DiLaurentis' didn't move in next door until Ali & Spencer were both 5 years old, but Ken claims they moved back to Rosewood when Ali was 11 months old. This is either a production error, or there is a missing 4 years that are unaccounted for, or the DiLaurentis' lived elsewhere in Rosewood for 4 years, until finally settling into the house next door to the Hastings).