19 | The Reality.

Kiaran's POV:

Was it all a dream? No— this was real. It all happened so quickly. Now, what was going to happen?

Kiaran was woken by the light peaking through the blinds, she covered her face, noticing the diamond ring on her finger once more. She paused momentarily, taking in its radiant beauty before feeling someone shift in the bed with her. Looking over, she saw Levi, all snuggled up with her, his arm as a pillow. She slowly sat up, looking at him while he slept, as she couldn't help but smile.

It all came back to her, that beautiful night at Mistros. Everything was perfect. It was all a surprise to her as she wasn't expecting him to propose. Her fingernails brushed against his face gently before she got up out of bed.

Once she was up, she walked out to the kitchen wrapped up in one of the robes from the bathroom as she thought it would be a good idea to explore their little AirBnB getaway.

Walking through the halls passing the kitchen, it was a lovely farmhouse aesthetic, the rustic white cabinets and wooden island countertop. It was small, but it was beautiful. Stretching past the kitchen was the pantry, which was nicely organized with woven baskets stacked on shelves filled with many different things. Then, of course, in its separate corner was a Samsung washer and dryer.

Making her way out of the kitchen, the hallway where they entered on each side was a different room. On the right was the dining room, adorned with a beautifully polished wooden table set up with candles and placemats, and pushed towards the back was a fireplace with a few pictures above it.

Across from the dining room was the living room. Simple furniture, nothing fancy, but the space was very homey, with lovely expansive windows to see the forest setting surrounding them.

Heading back to the hallway, there was a staircase that led upstairs, more than likely where Hanji, Mike, and her dad were sleeping. It was a cute little house, and she couldn't wait to see what else was in store.

Making her way back to the kitchen, Kiaran noticed some photographs that were spread out on the counters, as it was photos of her and Levi dancing on the dock. The way he spun her around just enjoying the moment, a few of him dipping her down as the moonlight hit perfectly on them, giving off a romantic aurora, then finally a picture of them kissing, both holding hands, showing off the beautiful ring as it dazzled in the moonlight.

The first thought, of course, was whoever took the pictures did a damn good job. But she guessed these would be used for their engagement photos.

Kiaran smiled, picking up one of the photos as she gazed at the moment, as it all just felt like a dream. As she went to rest her chin in her palm, she could feel the cold band of her new ring brush across her cheek. It only made her smile more.

"Well, good morning, sweetheart—"

Kiaran turned to see her father coming in as his hair flew in all directions, still looking like a ragged mess. She giggled upon seeing him and put the photo down, still grateful he was alive. She went to hug him, and the two just stood there for a moment, taking everything in. His hands were still smoothed out, fingers a bit thin, probably from all the medications, but they were still her father's hands as they combed through her brunette blonde hair. "Morning, Daddy— I still can't believe you're alive," Kiaran said, nuzzling into his chest.

"I made you a promise. I told you I would come home, did I not?" Erwin said.

Kiaran sniffled a bit, taking in his scent as it was one she missed, the faint scent of lumberwood and cinnamon. That rather gentlemen-type smell which she loved so much. "You did promise..." she said.