Chapter 1

Feyre POV

Everything was perfect. Better than I can ever want it to be. I have everything in my life and more. My friends. My family. My mate. My baby boy. Nyx. He's beautiful. Dark black hair like my mate, but my grey blue eyes. He is more beautiful than what the Bone Carver showed me. He is adored and loved by everyone in this family, and that love radiated off his face like nothing I could have imagined. His smile, his voice, everything. I couldn't ask for anything more in life.

After their mating ceremony, Cassian and Nesta went to the House and did not come out for days. We stopped trying to reach him after Azriel walked into something he did not want to see. 

Amren and Varian have also been enjoying their time together. Something was going on between Azriel and Elaine, although no one commented on it. 

Everyone was happy. Everyone was content. My baby boy, now 2 years old, started flying lessons with Cassian and Azriel, and now he won't stop flying around in the river house. As much as it is a pain to keep him from flying, I get so much joy from seeing him in the sky with his father and uncles.

Some days are harder than others, and today was one of those days. Nyx was awake at 5 in the morning, and so I was up with him. Rhys came home late yesterday as he went to the Hewn City. He's always tired, physically and mentally after visits to the Hewn City, so I let him sleep in. 

"Momma, upsies!" Nyx cried.

"Hi baby! Good morning. Let's go get something to eat." I whispered as I lifted him out of his bed. Nyx was big for a 2 year old. Strong too, no doubt from those Illyrian genes. 

I grabbed him in my arms and head to the kitchen. Even though Nyx was born with wings, he has from then been able to shape shift, most likely getting that from me. When I taught him this a year ago, he was ecstatic. Shape shifting every 5 minutes just because he can. That hasn't stopped as he grew. Maybe the frequency decreased, but he still shape shifts at least every hour. Like his father and uncles, he enjoys sleeping with the wings. I don't know how they find it comfortable, but they do. 

By the time we reached the kitchen, Nyx shape shifted, his wings now completely gone. So far, he only has the wings of an Illyrian, getting the shape shifting power from me, and some of the night ability from Rhys. If he was a daemati, he hasn't led on. 

"Morning Feyre, MORNING BABY NYX" a voice squealed from the kitchen. Mor. I thought she stayed at the Hewn City, but by the looks of it, she's here now.

"Hey Mor, good morning! How'd the meeting in the Hewn City go?" I asked.

Mor smirked. "Keir's dead." 

"WHAT?!" I choked. "When? How? WHO?" 

"Keir had it coming, as you know. But it was Eris who wanted him dead, and the one who orchestrated his attack. We got news from the Autumn court yesterday, which is why we left, as you know. We thought he was dead when we found him bleeding out. We bought him into the dungeons underneath, when we found him breathing. I tortured him to my heart's content, then Cassian, then Azriel. Rhys made sure he could feel pain throughout. I got the killing strike though. The same ash arrow that Eris had put in Keir's abdomen. I happily put in his heart. But no one in Hewn City knows who's responsible for his death. Yesterday might be the best Hewn City visit, ever." Mor said, happily.

"Wow. WOW, that's amazing. Gods, I wish I was there. But then what's bothering you Mor?" I asked as I set breakfast down in front of Nyx.

"Well, now we don't have anyone ruling over the Hewn City. For now Azriel is staying there to make sure there are no claims for Steward. But yea, it is annoying. Rhys, although he was more than happy to send Keir to where he belongs, was bothered by that. Any fighting or any further deaths shows negatively on Rhys as a High Lord."

"And negatively on me as a High Lady. We'll do something about it. I'll talk to Rhys about it." 

"MOMMY! More, more, more!" Nyx screamed when he finished his bacon. 

"Hahah give the kid more Feyre. He's a growing kid." Mor smiled.

Before I could give Nyx more bacon, there was a knock on the door. 

"Who could that be so early in the morning? Let me go take a look." Mor said as she walked out of the kitchen and to the door.

*GASP*

"Hello Aunt Mor" a strong, beautiful female voice said that brought shivers down my spine. Who could that be?