I.

Since I first heard of Hell's Kitchen, everything gave signs of tranquillity. The people were really calm, modesty was impregnated in every corner and trouble wasn't present at all. I wanted to remember my place whenever I could and carry it in my heart; Corleone, Italy.
Sadly, oportunities were running out in my place and the best decision was emigrate. I left my parents there and boarded an unknown ship, only having the light of hope with me.

When I arrived, dreams were drawed in everybody's faces. I managed to stay with some people although the conmotion and register was slightly fast for me. When it was finished, I saw from the distance my best friend Bruna.
She emigrated some months ago and I really missed her. My 20th birthday had passed without her, and I spent all that day thinking about her. As I saw her silhouette, I ran as fast as I could. We hugged heartily and we started to talk in the station.

- Y/n, I would wonder about you non stop ever since I came here. I counted the days until you came.
- Me too, Bruna. Your thought was pinned in my head and I couldn't get away from it.

In one moment, my face saddened a bit.

- Y/n, what's the matter?
- Nothing important. I just miss my parents dearly and the place isn't really good. I'm starting to think this was an error.
- I know. I sometimes feel like that too, but let's keep going. Nobody said it was easy, but it'll be worth it.

Her words encouraged me more than I expected, and soon after the train arrived. With a loose smile, we got up and sat in some seats.
We talked a lot and when we realised, we already reached our destination.

- Bruna, look! We already got here. Disembarkation must be rapid.
- Oddio! We must hurry.

We got off the train almost running and the vision wasn't really favourable. My face was kind of frustrated but we went looking for the apartment's address. When we found it, we talked with the receptionist to know in what floor it was. After she told me, she whispered some brief sentences.

- Since I liked you, let me tell you something. Your neighbour is called Vito Corleone. I'm mentioning it so you know some people in the building.
- Thank you, I really appreciate your help. I arrived today and my best friend Bruna is guiding me. I don't know anything about this country.
- Don't worry, anytime you need a friend, I'm here.

I didn't even know her name, but she was a good person hidden in a dark environment and I wanted to get closer to her. She seemed like a supportive girl and I wondered why did she end up there. While we were going upstairs, my companion suddenly changed her face.

- Y/n, I forgot to tell you. I'm going to marry soon! I invited some friends that live in here so you'll be able to have more acquaintances.

I started to jump and giggle with emotion. I couldn't believe that announcement, and congratulated my friend. We were both excited and I asked her if she wanted to stay in my apartment for the day so we could talk about everything. Little did I know, there was a man watching the sequence and smiling at my childish reaction.