II.

Today was Bruna's wedding. I couldn't believe it; my person in the world was going to marry. When I looked at her, I reminded every afternoon playing in Corleone, eating desserts and laughing at dumb things. I shed a few tears at this reminiscence, but euphoria was also taking room in me.
I spent all the day waiting to get ready and when the time was right, I did it faster than I expected. I only had a few things for formal events; yet I tried my best and in my eyes, I never looked more beautiful in a long time.

When I arrived, the party was in a house, a very pretty one. It had a wealthy-Sicilian style and it made me think of the houses that I would admire in my homeland.
When I looked at the entrance, there was a man classily standing with a cigarrette between his fingers. Our gazes met simultaneously and a warm breeze filtered inside me. His face seemed like it had been lit by the Sun's light and his eyes shimmered the same as the dawn hitting in the coast's waves.
I walked by his side, never breaking eye contact, and he vaguely smirked. While I kept looking forward, I felt his observance going from the top up to the bottom of my figure, but it wasn't a lustful looking; in fact, it was an analysing one. The last thing I could hear was some mutters.

- Dio mio! Be careful, Vito. That woman appears like one in a kind.

That assumption made me smile, and I looked back at that group. But only at the man which I just found out his name. Vito.
His friends started to encourage him and he chuckled a bit, still maintaining that beautiful smile. I inevitably flustered and copied his action, but now my mind only had his image in loop. He gave the impression of being a seraph fell from the sky, and his face was perfectly sculpted. How did Bruna know him? Why didn't I see him before?
My head echoed lots of things but I decided to take a seat and try to snap out of it. A few moments later, I was staring at the trees and all the delicate flowers around the place. My mind was filled up but at the same time empty, and in that moment a voice distracted me.

- Hello there, tesoro.

My face funnily frowned with a smile. It was the man chatting with Vito.

- Hello. Aren't you the man that was talking with Vito before?

Now, his face was the one frowning, and mine was stunned. I wasn't supposed to know a stranger's name I've never seen before, and everything in me shooked.

- Oh, do you know him?
- Yes. I know everyone in this city.

Taking advantage of his previous comment, I wanted to feed his impression of me. Nothing else came to my mouth, and it effectively worked, although I was completely opposite.
I just arrived the country a week ago, and I was a normal girl.

- Well... judging by your appearance, I know why.

In that exact second, Vito appeared. My heart dropped and my expression was an attempt of a strong mien when my heart was melting.

- Fine, Clemenza. You had enough.

The other man's eyebrows drooped at this words, and walked away.

- Ciao, senorita.
- Ciao.

His hand slowly took mine and placed a kiss in it. I felt a shiver running all over my body and the world slightly coloured a little more. My cheeks crimsoned and a timid grin was craved in my physiognomy. I could peek an identical gesture from his visage, but our eyes could talk for themselves. We didn't need words anymore.
After that, we chatted a lot. Sometimes, I furtively spied his friends and they were staring at us and laughing. In a moment, I saw some kind of an imitation of us and with a glare, it was enough for them to stop.
At the end of the night, he whispered in my ear for a date. Only a look was necessary to answer.