Chapter 2, A New World!

???: Very interesting, Kylo Amari, Lucea Evergreen, Shino Asada, and Yuuki Konno... I think you all deserve a gift from me... The prophecy has been made! Yes, YES! From now on, you all shall be known as, "Project Life". Let's see how they create their new path, in the world of Konosuba!

A mysterious figure spoke to himself, clearly knowing the whereabouts and mishaps of the Amari family. He seemed to declare a hidden prophecy and a world named "Konosuba." Continuing where we left off earlier, all four members of the family had disappeared in various ways. None of them knew what hit them until Kylo could see after the light blinded him.

Kylo: Huh? What was that blinding light? So bright, my vision is a little blurry...

Shino: Me too, I can't seem to see anything...

Both of them closed their eyes and tried to wipe them, hoping it would clear their vision. After resting their eyes for a quick minute, they open them again to reveal a black void. Shino panicked and quickly grabbed a hold of Kylo's arm, still holding the groceries. Kylo seemed surprised but didn't phase in the presented situation.

Shino: AAHH! What is this!?

Kylo: An empty void, huh? That shocked me.

Shino: You don't seem shocked at all!

Kylo: I am, I didn't show it.

Shino: Okay, okay, it seems I can let go and stand normally on this... invisible floor.

???: Oh, welcome! Welcome to the afterlife, Kylo Amari and Shino Asada! Although a tad bit different from usual, you have been summoned instead of dying of a cause! Feel worthy and heed my words!

A girl in blue then appeared in front of them. She had blue hair, blue clothes, blue boots, everything blue. Kylo and Shino knew nothing about this at all and thought it was just a prank. Little did they know, this was a new start for them. The floor reanimated itself with a chessboard pattern.

Aqua: My name is Aqua, the Goddess of Water! I am also the goddess in charge of sending people who have died early in their lives to alternate choices they can choose! However, both of you have no choice but to accept one choice, and I can't seem to change it. I'll explain everything, but it seems there's another person who has just died.

Kylo and Shino were flabbergasted at what she just revealed to them. Afterlife? Goddess? Alternate choices? What was she talking about, was what ran through their heads.

Kylo: This seems skeptical, I don't know if she's acting for a play or delusional.

Shino: Everything that has happened so far seems like a dream to me.

As Aqua said, another person appears next to them, a boy wearing a green tracksuit. If you need extra context on what Kylo and Shino are wearing, Kylo is rocking a T-shirt with shorts and Shino is wearing her school uniform.