Trauma and Insecurities

It's pretty scary to realize how fast time flies. My friends and I are now third-year students at UA, but it feels like we were still in our first year not too long ago. Our first day as UA third-years began with the usual entrance ceremony. Principal Nezu gave a long speech about everything the school went through since my first year here, good and bad (mostly bad), and how it will continue taking in the next generation of heroes every other year. He welcomed the new hero hopefuls, welcomed back the current students, and asked my parents to finish off the speech. As my mom and dad spoke, I felt countless eyes of every student and UA staff member on me, downriver judging me. Memories of Lumine's death, Katsuki being taken hostage by the sludge villain, All For One, Tomura Shigaraki, The League of Villians, my dad's retirement, and Katsuki being used by the League of Villians as leverage replayed in my mind on loop. I couldn't focus on what my mom and dad were saying. I started to hyperventilate as I heard every whisper from the UA students. 

"Is that Hikari Yagi, the daughter of All Might and Hope?"

"She's pretty, but aside from that, she doesn't look that special..."

"Isn't she the reason that Villain group attacked UA so many times?"

"I also heard she got one of her parents' sidekicks killed because she thought she was just as good as her parents!"

"If she's so great, then why were her parents trying so hard to protect her? I don't think one of them wants her to be a hero to begin with!"

"Hey, didn't she also get her boyfriend captured?"

"Yeah! If I were him, I'd dump her her for that as soon as I get rescued."

"Oi! Hikari!"

I jumped at the sound of Katsuki's voice. I wasn't at the Entrance Ceremony anymore. I'm in the USJ with my classmates, mom, dad, Thirteen, Miss Midnight, Mr. Aizawa, Vlad King, Class 3-B, the new Class 1-A, and the new Class 1-B. I looked down and saw that I had already changed out of my school uniform and into my hero costume. 

"Why the hell are you spacing out?" Katsuki asked in an irritated tone. "We're about to start training the newbies."

After Katsuki said that, I pulled myself together and listened to our teachers. Mr. Aizawa split us all into several groups. Katsuki, Izuku, and I were grouped together with four of the new Class 1-A students. Before the teachers could assign us an area we're supposed to go to, the black portal villain known as Kurogiri appeared behind us. He covered all of us in his black mist, teleporting each and every one of us to different areas of the facility, the same trick he used when the League of Villians first attacked us. When I opened my eyes, I was in the same spot dad fought that first Nomu. Nobody is with me. I'm by myself... and completely surrounded by villains. 

"Well, well, well~" A female villain with green tentacles mocked. "If it isn't the little girl of All Might and Hope."

"We've been dying to meet you since your daddy's retirement!" A masked villian said.

"So, is that supposed to mean you want my autograph?" I raise one of my arms and gather the moisture around me. "Couldn't you bastards have asked me politely after school like decent people!?" With the water I've gathered, I started circling my arms as I created a whirlpool of water around me and released it onto my enemies. "Aqua Typhoon!!"

My attack knocked out most of the villains, but four were still standing. Then, another group of villains charged towards me.

"Don't let her run away! Shouted a clown villain.

"Who said I was?" I gathered the nearby water from the Flood Zone and created a huge wave. "Great Tsunami!"

I compelled the massive wave forward. However, instead of hitting the multiple enemies, it comes in contact with a wave of blue flames equal to its size. The impact absolutely evaporates my move, causing a steam explosion. The surrounding area became shrouded in steam. If it weren't for my Quirk and Hero costume, I would've had some serious burns or worse.