Good to me

Million Stars on me. (Wonhan)

Cap 1: Good to me

Pov ( 😇 )

   Is adult life everything and just that?    We study. we get a reasonable job where + we earn a salary that is enough to survive, and live only occasionally, (a job where the biggest reward is the friends we make at work). We left our parents' house. We financed a studio apartment (which is actually just a fancy word, meaning small). We still don't have the money for a car, so we use overcrowded public transport every day. We returned home and slept in a reasonably comfortable bed with our hearts empty and minds full of thoughts.

   I don't want to be an adult anymore. It's tiring, stressful, it almost never pays off and we almost always lack human contact.

kakaotalk Jeonghan:

shua. I don't want to go to work tomorrow... tomorrow is Friday and you know how I get even more sad on Friday, Friday represents for me what Monday represents for the rest of the world...

   While I was waiting for my best friend Joshua to respond to my message, I sent the same message to my other best friend; Wonwoo.

   Joshua and I met at the end of high school, when he had just moved from the United States to Korea. Our friendship was not instantaneous. He didn't speak Korean very well, I didn't speak English very well, but as soon as he set foot in the classroom, the girls in the room let out sighs and giggles, and that could only indicate one thing: he was attractive. Fact. It was, but I wasn't the type of person who only cared about appearance, although I gave some importance to my own.

   After a few days, the girls in my class gathered in front of my desk and placed + the new boy in front of me, asking me to stand next to him, as they wanted to prove something.

   I got up, half curious and half annoyed at being interrupted while reading my manga. As soon as we stood side by side, the screams of amazement and laughter of excitement were imminent.

"You really are just alike, like lost brothers."

   Equals? Only then did I have the curiosity to observe him more closely (it was the first time we were so close to each other), I noticed his eyes were markedly outlined, very similar to mine when he smiled. His hair wasn't as long as mine (it reached my shoulder) but the tone was very similar. Our height was the same, and so was our physical size. Were we alike? Yes, I had to agree.

"Hello Brother". He said with his soft and low voice, in a joking tone (as a simple smile was displayed on his face).

"Little brother, we finally meet." I replied, joining in on the joke.

   And since then the not-so-brothers have become inseparable.

   We finished high school together, we shared with each other our discovery about our own sexuality, he helped me date the first guy I fell in love with (a boy who always took the bus with us), I helped him date the extremely handsome teacher who gave him private Korean lessons. It was a perfect partnership of complicity.

   We went to the same college, study film. There, in the midst of studies, meetings with friends fueled by drinking and lack, we ended up staying once. It had been good, very good. But so much more terrifying, because just the mere possibility of losing him (if things went wrong) was suffocating to me.

   I had few people I cared about, my family was big, but just because we share a last name doesn't mean we have to connect and love everyone.
Relationships are not imposed, they are made.

   I was never good at making friends (1 blame my introverted personality) and the friendship we had was the precious diamond in my life.

   After that, it was decided that we would never repeat the dose again. Joshua didn't take it so well at first, but soon he started dating a freshman, and seemed to forget about it. I also started dating the tall, pale, well-dressed heartbreaker who was my ex. We were together for i year and 7 months, and when he broke up with me claiming he was liking someone in his study group, I broke down, because I really loved him. But nowadays, those suffocating feelings have calmed down and only occasional neediness remains.