Chapter 13

In the early hours of dawn, Nathan's weary eyes faintly started fluttering awake. It felt like he slept soundly for a thousand years, but it was only for a couple of hours. With eyes closed, a slight chuckle escaped his lips at the thought before he snuggled back into the covers. In a strange sense, a comforting feeling — a safe feeling — blanketed over him, and for the first time in years, the weight on his shoulders had disappeared. However, as the seconds ticked on by, this feeling did not last and soon confusion appeared to cloud his thoughts. He frowned with closed eyes.

Last night. What happened last night? He remembered he went out to get drinks with Matthew. They went to a club in Chicago and then he went to the bathroom. Why did he go in there again? Oh. He wasn't feeling well. He remembered washing his face, and going blind? That did not sound right. He must've imagined it all. Surely... Suddenly a strong, muscular arm draped over his waist, and the memories came crashing down. There was a man from last night in the bathroom, a strange man who had taken him out of the club, and then...

Nathan's eyes sprung open like lightning, and what greeted him — who lay next to him — in a deep slumber made his stomach clench: Logan Anderson.

A gasp escaped his lips and his eyes doubled. Quickly Nathan attempted to get up — to leave. However, suddenly Logan's arm tightened and his eyes flew open, staring back at Nathan with soft eyes that morphed into a death glare. Instantly Nathan's heart raced to the point of pain. "Lo—Logan, let go," he stuttered, his voice thick from sleep.

"And where do you think you're going?" Logan asked.

Logan did not sound like a man just awake from slumber, and so Nathan raked his mind for what had happened last night — for what could've caused him and Logan to be in the same bed with himself naked as the day he was born. For a split second, he did not know what emotions were the right ones to experience. It was true that he had missed Logan dearly, and longed to be next to him, in his arms, caress him like they were lovers again. Was this not what he had hoped for? Yes, but then no. He was married to Ira, he was loyal to her, but this went against everything he believed in. This was wrong. Besides...

Did Logan not despise him for leaving?

Did he not blame him for his mother's death and his suicide attempt?

Did he not pledge that Nathan would face years of misery at his company because of it?

Yes to everything, Nathan concluded.

The older man suddenly felt very afraid. He had never been afraid of Logan, no matter what. This was different though, so he made another attempt to move away as the words slipped from his mouth, "Let go!" Then he jerked himself away from Logan and away from the bed. He stumbled, nearly tripping when his feet reached the bedroom floor. "Wha—What happened last night? Why the hell am I here? Matthew." By god, he left Matthew at the club. He must've been concerned when Nathan did not show up. "Fuck," he cursed. "I need..."

While Nathan wildly scanned his surroundings for his clothes and phone, a deep frown appeared on Logan's face as he rose from the bed, fully clothed from the waist down. "Is that who you went out with last night?" He questioned in a serious tone, watching Nathan fumble with his clothes, trying to get them on as fast as possible. "Do you like him? This Matthew?"

Nathan paused as he was about to throw over his shirt and arched a questionable eyebrow: Sometimes he truly did not understand Logan. "What are you getting at?" He asked.

"Do you even realize what happened last night?!" Logan snapped.

Nathan's body involuntarily flinched at the unexpected outburst. "Someone drugged me last night," he said, swallowing hard. His throat felt as dry as sandpaper.