Chapter 1 - The Trial and The Chain

Two prison guards were walking around the dimly lit halls, being assigned to escort a new prisoner to their trial. One of them, Phil, turns to the other as they walk past a few cells and asks, "So, what're you gonna do this weekend? You wanna come over to my place and watch the game? I heard the Green Dolphins are gonna be playing."

The other guard, Collin, responds, "Nah, I'd love to watch, but my wife convinced me to binge this new drama series that came out with her. It's about this girl who falls in love with some librarian after losing her husband to a gang."

"Yikes, sounds like one of those things that'll just leave you feeling sad by the end," Phil replies, "Good luck dude, you'll probably need it." The two guards continue talking about things as they travel closer and closer to their destination.

Upon their arrival, however, they see 5 beat up, bruised, and bleeding prisoners, while the sixth prisoner, a young man with long black hair and a black, long brimmed fedora covering most of his face, was sitting casually as if nothing happened. He had his legs crossed, and he was resting his elbows on the cell bench and had broken handcuffs. He was also wearing a yellow t-shirt with some black crack-shaped printings and dark yellow pants with black shoes. From what the guards could see, the prisoner had a very smug smile on his face. He reaches his hand out, and a bottle of water that was placed on a table mysteriously floated over to him, and he drinks from it. "Please.. get him away from us... we'll do anything," one of the prisoners whimpers.

Collin, a bit nervous at the sight of this, looks to his partner and says, "Hm.. It looks like one of those weird power users.. what were they called again? Something like 'Stands'? Well in any case, we should be careful." He takes out his taser and aims it at the prisoner, and exclaims in a heavy voice, "Prisoner MA-29838, you're coming with us! Come peacefully or we'll need to drag you by force!"

The prisoner lifts his hat and looks at the guards, then he says in a calm voice, "Eh, sure, I was getting kinda bored here anyways. These guys just don't put up a good fight, y'know?" He puts the water bottle down, gets up, and extends his hands for them to put on new handcuffs. The guards do so and bring him to a large courtroom. The prisoner gets taken to a stand in the middle of the room, with both the guards standing at either side. There are three witnesses, and the jury's seats are strangely empty.

"All rise for the honorable Judge Harrison," the peon says. As the witnesses stand, a below-average height and tan-skinned elderly male walks in through a door and sits down at the bench, in the front of the courtroom. He adjusts the sign with his name written on it, which reads 'Judge Jorge Harrison,' and takes a quick glance at the papers on his desk.

The judge looks at the prisoner to study him slightly, then begins reading from one of the papers. "Prisoner MA-29838, 'Jodeci Joestar,'" says Judge Harrison, "age is 17, sex is male. You know why you're here today?"

Jodeci looks at him, and at the witnesses, which included a woman in her 50's and two younger men, both of them in their 20's. He looks back at the judge and says, "Yeah, I was sent here for theft, right?"

The judge replies in a stern voice, "Partially. You have also been sent here for assault and battery. This report right here tells the whole story. On February 27th, 2024, you were caught shoplifting from Mark & Sons' Antique Store, putting expensive watches and other valuable items into a medium sized backpack. When the store owner, Mark Clover, confronted you, it says here you punched him in the face and kicked him into a shelf, which resulted in an injury to Mr. Clover's lower back, fracturing his lumbar spine, and knocking the shelf over which caused many other items to get damaged. It was then that Mrs. Clover walked in, but she claims that her legs felt numb and she collapsed to the floor before she could approach you. It was then reported by bystanders that you fled from the scene as the sons called the police from behind the cash register. Then the next day, on February 28th, 2024, you were arrested by an undercover agent who caught you attempting to do the same thing at another store."