ii

after the weird encounter with the pink-haired aussie boy i decided to find my cousin. looking around i see her heading towards what i can only think could be a locker room. assuming she's going in there to get ready for her heat. instead i hear her talking to ari, so i decide to hide out of their sight nervous to ruin whatever moment they could be having.

"you didn't happen to come in here to surprise me after my heat did you" i felt flamingo's warm breath on my neck as he whispered in my ear. trying not to blow my cover to my cousin i choose to ignore the egotistical boy.

ari quickly leaves. frustrated that i didn't hear how his conversation with summer went. i am about to approach my cousin, but flamingo beat me to it.

"i'll help"

he'll help sums? with what? why does he want to help her? wait do they know each other? the way they held eye contact for a second and the smile on her face. i may not know the exact circumstances right now but i know summer and i know that look. she likes him.

before i know it i'm back behind all the chaos. i can see the whole event. all the tents, the different friend groups, the few crying teens- heats didn't go well. the boy who summer refers to as brazil and her ex are currently in the pool.

all i can think about is how much i don't belong here. everyone summer knows- that i have met- are surfers. you can also see how much summer means to each of them. as i'm debating leaving i notice summer jogging with her board to the pool. i didn't even notice that it's now poppy's heat. now that i am out of my own head i am able to piece together that the pink-haired boy agreed to help sums crash the heat and surf. typical summer i laugh softly to myself. she could never really take no as an answer. i decide to watch my cousin's heat. i mean this is what she's worked so hard. i cheer from the far watching as she steals the rude blonde girl's wave. after she surfs i decide to leave and let her celebrate with her friends. i don't know where i'm going but i know i need some time to myself.

as i walk towards where margot parked i feel a hand grab my arm.

"where you heading to" there's that voice. the one i could pick out in a sea of noise after hearing it only today.

"i'm not sure just had enough with surfing today" i reply honestly.

"atleast let me get your name before you walk away again"

"bex" i give him a slight smile.

"well bex, i'm bax and i say you come with me and let me help show you around" he sends me another wink with that perfect smile. the same way he looked at my cousin not long ago.

"well what are you waiting for flamingo you got a country to introduce me to" i return a wink and turn around to continue walking away. i don't know where my confidence has come from, but what i do know is i've spent enough time in my thoughts and spending time with a cute boy is not a bad idea.

"flamingo, huh" he looks down on me.

"i mean i'm not the one who decided pink was your color," i stare back in his eyes "but it is 'mingo looks good" i give him a flirtatious smile. something about this tall confident australian has me feeling like myself even being so far from home and everything i've ever known.

"well bex i could only imagine how good you would look with pink...and many other things as well" be says looking me up and down.

"how about we start this tour with some hair dye" i respond. "i mean i've used to dye my hair with sums, but stopped so why not begin again" i look up at the boy.

"well bex i couldn't think of a better way to begin our time together" he leads me to his car.

"where's the aux?" i ask.

"aux? we just met and you want control of my radio" i don't respond. waiting for him to hand over the cord with my hand out. after a few seconds i feel the cord in my hand in which i quickly plug it into my phone. now debating on what to play i decide to shuffle some of my favorite songs. the first to play is 'she looks so perfect' by no other than the australian band five seconds of summer. i giggle lightly as i look over at the australian driving me around the beautiful country.

"always a fan of australians" he says with an over confident smirk as the song finishes, along with my questionable singing.

"what can i say i guess i have a type" i begin thinking of my long term crush on luke hemmings, "the height, blue eyes, accent, confidence".

"oh so i'm your type" he smirks. my cheeks grow red.

"fever dream high in the quiet of the night you know that i caught it" he shakes his head smiling. "bad, bad boy shiny price with a toy you know that a bought it" i sing more confidently looking over at him stealing a glance and he raises his eyebrows at me. the rest of the ride continued with me scream singing along to some of my favorite songs. while baxter radic the boy who i met only a few hours ago parks at a store. i don't know what the next few months have in store with me, but i hope this boy never leaves my side.