18. Girl's Night

We finish applying sunscreen to ourselves before getting in the pool. We swim and play around until we're hungry for lunch.

I squeeze the water out of my hair and turn to Ellis, who is using a towel to dry his own. "What do you want to eat?"

"I have left over Thai red curry, if you want some," he offers.

I gasp dramatically and jump, holding on to my swim top so it doesn't go anywhere. Ellis laughs and nods. "It's your favorite, I know." He holds out his hand for me to hold, still smiling ear-to-ear.

We walk hand in hand into the kitchen and I sit on one of the barstools as Ellis gets the curry out of the fridge, and Naan from the pantry.

After eating, I decide to check my phone.

Evvy: Hey! We haven't hung out lately, wanna have a girls night?

I smile and start typing a response when strong arms wrap around me from behind.

"Who's got you smiling like that?" Ellis teases. I laugh.

"Definitely not another man, don't worry," I laugh. I reply quickly to Evvy.

Me: Yes for sure!

Ellis walks around to the other side of the island and gestures to his abs, which he is flexing. "Oh, I'm not worried," he pauses and smirks, "besides, I had you more than just smiling earlier by the pool." He mocks my moan from earlier and I throw a wadded up paper towel at him.

He places his plate on the counter and quirks his eyebrow up. "Oh is that how it's gonna be?" He grins mischievously.

Next thing I know, Ellis is picking me up off the stool, bridal style, and running out the back door. We both laugh as he nears the pool.

"Noooo!" I shout, still laughing. He laughs harder as he throws me into the deep end. I plug my nose before I hit the water.

I swim back up to the top and wrap my arms around my chest, treading water so I stay afloat.

"Ellis!" I shout, laughing. "My top fell off under the water! Will you help me find it?"

His eyebrows raise and his jaw drops slightly. He clears his throat and steps to the edge of the pool. He tries to look at me for proof but I keep my arms crossed so he can't tell that it's still on.

I hold back a laugh as I try to swim closer to him without revealing my secret. "Please, babe? Or at least help me out." I ever so slightly pout my bottom lip, enough to do the trick but not so much that it's obvious.

He looks down at me, biting his lip. Keeping one arm covering myself, I hold the other one out to him. He takes it and before he's able to pull me up, I pull on his arm as hard as I can, using my legs on the side of the pool. He topples in next to me, splashing me in the face.

I finally let out my laugh. Ellis bobs up quickly, smiling. I uncross my arms and swim closer to him.

"You liar!" He exclaims though the smile never leaves his face.

"You pervert!"

He stands up as he had swam to a part of the pool where he can reach and his head is fully above the water but I can't reach at all.

"Only for you," he smirks, wrapping his arms around me. His hands slide from my waist to my hips and then rest on the curve of my backside.

I wrap my legs around him, allowing him to fully support me. "Well, aren't I a lucky girl."

He looks down at my swimsuit top that had apparently ridden down quite a bit, exposing more than I had intended. My areolas were still covered so I let the top stay.