Chapter Four: Winterhold

I woke up nestled against a cave wall, with someone... holding me!? It was Morose. Great. Just great... My face reddened. For a demon, he looked quite innocent in his sleep. It was kind of unnerving.Then I noticed the burning smell in the air. I tried to pry myself out of Morose's arms to inspect it, but my weak physique would not allow me. I grumbled impatiently. "Morose! Wake up!" I snapped."Huh- What?" Morose asked."Let go of me!" I yelled. "Bah!" He jumped back. "I didn't even know you could sleep," I said. "but apparently you can.""Why do you assume Dremora cannot perform basic bodily functions?" he asked."I don't know, it just seems... strange. I don't have time for conversation right now." I stood up hastily and started out of the cave. When I emerged, a terrible sight stood before me. Smoke and ash arose from the sky. I could tell it was coming from Winterhold. The smell was instantly recognizable: charred wood.Winterhold... It's gone...I was tearing up. Why? Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Morose.Morose picked me up and he started to walk towards Whiterun, but I didn't want to go there. I wanted to go back to Winterhold, where I lived my whole life!I grabbed his horns, yanked them towards Winterhold, and kicked him in the sides. He moved two steps forward then he stopped. I kicked him again but he didn't budge."GO TO WINTERHOLD!" I screamed."No. The Jarl exiled you." he said in a very matter-of-fact tone."Since when did you care about rules?!" "I'm not going. You said you wanted to go somewhere warmer, and unless you want to set yourself ablaze, then Winterhold isn't the place to go.""Ugh." I sighed.Maybe Morose is right. He usually is. Wait, no! He can't be leading me! I'm going to Winterhold, whether he likes it or not...Finally we had to stop and rest since it was getting dark again and we were in the forest. I sat down beside a rock. I thought Morose was gonna sit down beside me, but he sat across the field. I moved a bit closer to him, but he moved farther away. I guess I shouldn't feel too bad, I thought. He's a Dremora. I'd be more surprised if he didn't hate me. About 2 hours passed, and I was still awake thinking about my escape plan. Then I took action!(Morose P.O.V.)It was morning and Oren was gone. Of course. I should have known he'd try something like this. I started running towards the direction of Winterhold, and soon I found myself face to face with the burnt ruins. No sign of Oren. I'm not going in there; I know he wants me to go find him to prove a point. I won't do it. He will not best me. (Oren P.O.V.) I was hidden behind a pile of scorched ruins in what was formerly Winterhold. Apparently, all of the citizens had fled, or worst case scenario, were burnt alive. I was getting a bit scared. Many people had probably lost their lives here. Either way, I still wanted to explore the place, just to reminisce.I have no idea why I was being so harsh to Morose earlier. Why did I come back here? I thought. Why did I think this was a good idea? Now I have to walk all the way back!"Gah, I'm so stupid..." I said to myself as I trudged out towards the exit. Suddenly, I heard frantic footsteps making their way towards me. Morose?

                                                                         End Of Chapter Four.