iii. welcome to camp half-blood

CHAPTER THREE ❝  welcome to camp half-blood  ❞

CHAPTER THREE
❝ welcome to camp half-blood ❞

SELENE WATCHED as the kids from camp began carrying an unconscious percy to the infirmary room, standing there for a few minutes. "you did good." chiron commented. his low tone making the girl jump, watching him come to her.

"thanks, chiron." she replied glancing up at him with a lopsided grin on her face. "your mother would be proud."

he said, placing a hand on her shoulder as her eyes swept over to the thalia's tree as the girl only hummed in response. "i hope so."

the girl responded with a frown on her lips. as the two stood there in silence for another moment, before chiron parted his lips to speak.

chiron knew how the relationship between her parents were. he also knew it was a sore topic selene never wanted to talk about, not even a little. "we should be heading inside."

he informed, turning to look down at her as she nodded her head shortly sparing the centaur one last glance before turning on her heel making her way towards her cabin.

once selene had hit the corner before finally turning into the entrance of her cabin. she suddenly stopped in her tracks when she saw a figure, until realizing it was her best friend, luke castellan.

he was standing there beside a tree in his usual outfit. an orange camp half-blood shirt, fitted with khaki shorts and the black stringed necklace that laid on top of his chest.

luke stood there standing with a worried expression on his face outside of selene's cabin door. "luke.." she called out, as she walked towards him.

luke lifted his gaze to meet her sad blue ones making him grow more worried. as he walked over to her in a fast pace before he threw his arms around her embracing her in a tight hug.

she buried her face in his shoulder, holding him tightly breathing in the familiar scent she had missed. "you had me worried sick."

luke shakily breathed out as they still held each other.
"chiron told us you'd guys would be back. i-i just didn't know when i thought something happened to you.."

he trailed off, which only made selene's grip on him get tighter as she shook her head. "i'm fine, luke." She reassured him, pulling back from him.

      the two always had a special kind of friendship. selene and luke were the kinds of friends who could talk about anything they needed to.