Chapter 1- Nightmare

It was dark, it was empty, and it was as if I were inside a huge void that I couldn't escape. What danger did I put myself into? I saw a door—a familiar door, to be exact. It was a plain white door with a little angel sticker in the center underneath my name, Jedidah.

I looked at the stickers while gently caressing them as I slowly opened the door and peeked inside. There, I saw a child in the corner of her bedroom. The only light was the lamp shade beside her. She then looked at me with her hazel-brown eyes, tears threatening to fall anytime soon.

I kneeled down in front of her...In front of me..is my 9-year-old self. "Are we going to make it?" my younger self asked. I looked deeply into her eyes while wiping down her tears that were already falling. "Yes, yes, Jed, we will eventually get through all of it," I replied. "Just be strong for a little bit longer," I whispered as I was about to cry.I hold on tight to her hands, then she asks me once again, "Did someone save us?" "I-I-

"Jed, Jedi, wake up, hey love, come on." Not this again; ma always does this every time I'm about to answer my younger self, "Aw, ma, five more minutes, and I will be up," Jedi said with her raspy voice while covering herself up with a blanket and putting her pillow on her head.

"Jedidah, you don't want to be late, don't you?" Her mom told her while pulling the blanket off of her. "Do it for mama, please, sweetheart?"

"Fineee, just give me time to be prepared, and I will be downstairs in a minute." "Okay, Jed, we will be waiting," her mom replied while kissing her forehead. She grunts and madly wiggles her feet as if a toddler is throwing a tantrum after not getting what she wants.

"I hate life," she added while getting up on the bed, when suddenly she hit her foot on the side of her study table. "Awww, how can everything be so cruel?" She caressed the foot that was hit while bouncing back to her bedside to sit and soothe the pain. When the pain is gone, she angrily fixes her desheviled hair and walks to the bathroom to get ready.