𝖈𝖍. 𝖛 𝖕𝖙. 𝖎 ; peace, we can't have it.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

CHAPTER FIVE; PART ONE.

'Oh, what a surprise! The man who ruined my cousin's life is offended'

PEACE, WE CAN'T HAVE IT.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

"

summer depression - girl in red

Pretty face with pretty bad dreams,

No one knows I cry in my sleep,

Waking up, feeling like shit,

It's a normal thing to feel like this.

"

⋄⋆෴⋆⋄

OUTER BANKS.

LAIA'S POV

A heavy sense of crushing sorrow enveloped me as I sat in the courtroom, despite the oppressive heat and the room's overcrowded atmosphere, all anticipating the judge's decision. The resounding slam of the gavel reverberated through my body.

"John Booker Routledge, in accordance with the North Carolina statute section, you are accused of first-degree murder with aggravated circumstances. If found guilty, the maximum penalty is the death penalty." The judge declared.

Another decisive strike of the gavel emphasized the startling proclamation.

"What?" I whispered, my voice barely audible, feeling like a sudden wave of cold water had been doused over me. My eyes remained fixed on the back of John B's orange tracksuit—something that shouldn't be a part of his attire.

In complete shock, I'm silent. The unfolding events have left me paralyzed, stunned by what's happening. Suddenly, a hand on my arm snaps me back to reality, and I glance down to find Pope's hand there. It's at that moment that I realize tears are rolling down my face, the weight of the situation hitting me like a ton of bricks.