Ch 16

Jream had dropped me off at my place so I could change my clothes.

It took me 30 minutes to decide on an outfit, but I finally picked a white sundress with a slit on the side and my Tory Burch sandals that Jream gifted me last summer.

"Yo, I talked to you 15 minutes ago, and you still don't have on your outfit?" Marie said over the phone.

"Girl would you shut it. I'm only calling you again to ask if you think my outfit looks good." I said.

"Des you look too good! It's giving celebrity." Marie complimented.

"You know what's going on." I hyped.

"Mhm what are you looking good for?" Marie asked.

Before I could answer, I got an incoming call from Jream.

"Let me call you back. Jream is calling." I told her before hanging up.

"I'm in the parking lot. Where you at?" Jream asked.

"Where am I? You just got here." I said while applying lip gloss.

"Well then hurry it up. I'm burning gas." He said, then hung up.

He was so dramatic for no reason. I grabbed my purse, phone and left my apartment.

I walked over to Jream's car to see him standing by the passenger side.

"Oh you put it on today. You for sure did yo thing." Jream hyped.

"Thank you Jream." I smiled.

There was never a day that went by that this man would not put a smile on my face. Just looking at his smooth, dark skinned face made me want to smile. The sun shining on his skin made it even ten times better. There is no denying that Jream is handsome, yet there was something about the way he carried himself that made him more handsome.

I didn't realize I was staring until he jokingly mean mugged me.

"You tryna fight?" Jream joked.

"My bad, I'm gonna get in the car now." I said.

Jream drove to his parents' house at the slowest speed I had ever seen him drive.

"So why exactly are you driving this slowly?" I asked.

"What do you mean? I'm driving at the speed limit." He answered.

"My point exactly. Since when do you do that?" I said.

He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. We were getting closer to the house.

"Are you nervous?" I asked.

"Kind of. I'm nervous about not knowing if my plan will work because I am not marrying her." He answered.

"Well you better put on your best act because we are here." I said as I watched him park the car.

"Yea I need to. I'm gonna go get her and come back, aight?" Jream got out of the car.

I gave him a thumbs up and watched him walk to the front door.

I was also starting to get nervous. The thought of having to act like Jream's girlfriend was nerve-wracking. I had done it one or two times when were out and about, but that was only for a few minutes. This was different; this time it's for the whole day.

I came out of my thoughts when Brionna opened the car door and got in.

"Hi, I'm Desiree. I didn't get to properly introduce myself earlier." I turned to her.

"I'm Brionna, nice dress." She said.

"Thanks I love your skirt." I said.

She had changed into a black tank top and jean skirt. It was, honestly, a cute outfit. From what I could tell so far, she knew how to dress.